Yan Lo with Misdirection and Harvest Chi

chris_havoc

If memory serves Misdirection would change the target of the attack from Yan Lo to the Misdirection target as it says they suffer the effects of the attack. It's not Misdirection that is killing the target it's the enemies attack. I'm inclined to agree with your opinion that it doesn't work but I don't have my cards or book to hand so I can't offer a more informed decision based on the actual wording of the Trigger. It'll be really cool if it does work though! 

"When a model within 8" is killed by a model which it considers an enemy" so if you misdirect an enemy attack to a friendly and it dies I reckon you should get Chi? As it just directs the attack it doesn't change it's origin. 

"When a model within 8" is killed by a model which it considers an enemy" so if you misdirect an enemy attack to a friendly and it dies I reckon you should get Chi? As it just directs the attack it doesn't change it's origin. 

Misdirection says

"After an Attack from an enemy model succeeds against this model, target model within 2" of this model must discard 2 cards or suffer the effects of the Attack Action instead of this model. The model which Attacked this model may not be the target."

So yeah I'd agree that if it's misdirected onto a friendly model which is killed you'd gain the Chi but if it was onto a model Yan Lo considered an enemy then no.