Second arcanist master

Alpha-00

Morning all...

Running raspy quite a bit at mo and nearly have 100ss of fun. I'm looking for what second master would be fun as a secondary master...was thinking Colette as most people use Ramos and Seamus I want something different...

Advice greatly received...

Cheers Alpha

Colette is a lot of fun to use, so if your interested in her I can only recommend her. As an added bonus she is very flexible and can make good use out of a lot of different models. She will play well with anyone else's models. For instance my standard crew with her includes a December Acolyte and I'm tempted to try her with the Golem as well as she can make him a lot faster. And some of her 'own' models are also very good for other masters, Angelica, Cassandra and Performers all have roles in other crews.

Depends on how much you care about getting plastic models - Colette will probably look phenomenal when she comes out in a new starter, but who knows how long that will be?

If you're happy with metal, Colette is a lot of fun. She doesn't particularly have any synergy with your existing Rasputina models, though.

My recommendation would actually be Marcus. :)

Second Marcus, as he has a signficiantly different playstyle from the two masters mentioned. Not a heavy spellcaster, not a tank, but a very flexible toolkit that can buff his crew or debuff the enemy.

Another thought is Ironsides when she comes out (don't know if you care about proxying), or Kaeris. IS plays as a massive lock-down for enemies and buffs friendly M&SU's, while Kaeris is highly mobile as a base, who buffs friendlies that are on fire and punishes enemies sooo much for the same. I think that's what I enjoy about the arcanists; each one plays so much different from each other.

I second raspy for a lot of the same reasons as Gorbad. I hadn't even thought about using the ice golem in a Colette crew! Pushing him into melee and causing him to attack is great, and then opens up opportunities for him to SMASH. (Is the ability in all caps on the card? It ought to be.)

Yeah, Raspy's crew in a Colette crew will be quite good. And Colette's crew in a raspy grope can be quite good also. Picture Angelica pushing snow storm around before she pushes others around. Performers causing WP duels and clearing scheme markers. The Mechanical Rider is great in both crews- summoning mannequins and the metal gamin in Colette's crew, and ice gamin In Raspy's.

ENinja

Yeah, both the Acolyte and Angelica have become stables in my Colette and Raspy crews. I usually use Langston in favour of fthe golem, but I could see using the golem if more resilience is required. And the two crews do play fairly well together, a little dependent on how many ice mirrors you feel Raspy needbut some showgirls can add a lot of interesting aspects to that.

I really so think that Colette is an excellent second/utility master for Arcanist because she will work with whatever models you already have while not being very demanding in terms of you having to bring 'her own' models. And she makes every one better.

Sybarite- I'm sure Marcus is an amazing leader- he's not super in my playstyle so I haven't started him, but he's also got the biggest out of faction investment of the arcanists. You can play just arcanist beasts and fill with some other arcanist staples, but.... aren't you cutting yourself a little short? Plus the only crossover is the blessed of December which is an okay model.

I just think that on a whole, if you're looking to supplement a raspy crew, and stay in arcanists, the breakdown looks like this:

Raspy-

Strength- Shooty board presence with constructs. Good at kill strats/schemes like reckoning, murder protégé, assassination.

Weakness- Some movement issues, some scheme generation issues (mitigated by ice mirrors), relatively "one trick".

Marcus-

Strength- Extremely flexible at movement and killy strats/schemes, and has an enormous model pool.

Weakness- Has an enormous cross faction model pool. Minions for the most part don't mix well with raspy for cross pollination.

Ramos-

Strength- Amazing summoner, making him good at troop number schemes/strats like reconnoiter. A good counter to raspy's scheme/strat selections.

Weakness- Not many cross models, save for a gimmicky trick with the ice golem called "spider fastball".

Kaeris-

Strength- Fast and amazing at scheme generations, as well as the ability to cause a ton of damage through conditions.

Weakness- Can be a little squishy, and burning kills are difficult to get credit for- also what with the fire/ice disparity, there's not a lot of crossover.

Mei Fong/Ironsides-

Strength- Very different playstyle from raspy, and therefor a good counter. M&SU models shine in these two union heavyweights, and they're often good crossovers.

Weakness- While they can give a lot to raspy's crew, they won't be taking much- they've also got some of the same strengths making some of the strat selection rough.

Colette-

Strengths- Amazing at scheme generation and movement shenanigans. Good at out of activation control (friendly obeys). Crew can both gain from raspy members, and give to a raspy crew, shoring up some of her weaknesses. (Add some movement to her if need be, or bring some extra scheme markers if the schemesgo that way).

Weakness- Sometimes has some problems with sealing the deal on some kill based strategies, and is easy to overextend. Extremely dependent on scheme markers which is why placing them is highlighted in her crew selection.

From where I'm looking Colette both gives and takes from the raspy crew, and covers the schemes and strats raspy is weaker at. Plus they're very pretty metals, and will more than likely be gorgeous plastics. I'll probably buy her again. :P

ENinja