Malifaux Game Night @ Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie, MD)

rover1013

Thursday is the regular Malifaux Game Night at Games and Stuff. Good table space, great stock and lots of terrain!

We have a several players coming out regularly (myself included), but would love to see more! I know M2E is selling well in the area; Now come out and play!

Learn more about Games and Stuff at http://www.gamesandstuffonline.com/

Games and Stuff
7385-G Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410) 863-7418

EDIT (02/04/2015): Monthly schedule updates will be appended to the thread (check the last page).

Edited by rover1013

I am totally interested in coming out to the Malifaux gathering on Tuesdays, though I can never make it on that particular night. :(

I also heard from Pat (who is my next-door neighbor)  that there are whispers of a Malifaux Tournament on the horizon... Any details handy?

Thanks!

I heard from him just today that it would be during Wyrd Weekend on Sunday, June 8th.  I don't have exact times (or I would have put it here already ;) and oddly, it's not on the store's calendar either. 

I know it'll be a 40 stone tournament and Pat did mention that he was going to throw up a thread on here.  I'll prod him for more info and see if I can't get it here faster :)

Right now, it's just me and another guy who come regularly. So far I've managed to "recruit" one more player who I believe is bringing a crew to play next week.  I only just started promoting the game there a couple of weeks ago and am dedicating a significant portion of my free time to it now. I'm just in the middle of working through the Henchman process w/ Pat (apparently the old Henchman can no longer run events there for whatever reason).

Attracting players and getting the word out that there ARE people at the store playing now is priority #1.  I get the impression that there are plenty of people who pop in and pick up product, but don't realize that players are actually coming out to play.

Barring sudden emergency, I will be at the store on Malifaux Night every week and at every event (such as the upcoming tournament).

I also try to get out there one day on the weekend where I try to pickup any random games, demo or just talk Malifaux with anyone and everyone who will listen :). At the moment I tend to only be able to do that once or twice a month though.

If you ever want to grab a game at the store (any day of the week), just PM me or something and I'll happily come on out :)

If there are any other players in the area who you know can't make it on Tuesdays, but another day would be better, please let me or Pat know so we can seriously evaluate if a different day of the week would be better for the game :)

Tournament info is up here: http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/101261-wyrd-weekend-40ss-tournament-games-and-stuff-glen-burnie-md-sunday-june-8th/ and is on the Games and Stuff online calendar.

Also caught up with Patrick and Jim in the store today and decided to move the weekly Malifaux Game Night to Thursdays starting 06/12/2014 which also happens to be Thor's Day in June. Hoping a few of the people I *know* in the area that play, but aren't showing up regularly might make it out on a different night and Malifaux til midnight once a month is a bonus! :)

Going to edit the top post, but I don't think I can change the thread title... Might have to create a new thread and name it more intelligently so changes like this don't muck it all up.

EDIT: Big thanks to Mindshred for changing the thread title for me! already an allstar in my book :)

Edited by rover1013

That's great!! Glad Thursdays works well for others, too!

I often get home from work as late as 6:00 or 6:30 (or sometimes 7!), so some Thursdays I won't be able to make it, or not for enough time to get in a game. But Thor's Day is perfect!! I KNOW I can make it down there for a night of gaming THAT night! :)

Thanks for all your help, Rove!!

• 2 weeks later...

The changeover to Thursdays has occurred and we kick it off with Thor's Day!  The store will be open 'til Midnight, so come out and get some games in!

For the curious, "Thor's Day" occurs on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Games and Stuff!  Additionally, they sometimes have bonus Thor's Days on Magic: The Gathering release nights that are NOT already on the 2nd Thursday! 

You can check out the schedule at http://gamesandstuffonline.com/

Check out updates on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gamesandstuff

Or Follow on twitter at http://twitter.com/glenburniegames

I am definitely planning on coming down to G&S for Thor's Day, since I'll have more time than just 90 minutes to get a game or two in!

And I also want to apologize for not making it down to the Tournament on Sunday. My band had a gig on Saturday night, and I didn't get home till after 3:30am... needless to say I was a bit wrecked on Sunday and wasn't moving too quickly. Pat said I wouldn't be down (I'm the Steve he was talking about), but I wanted to apologize myself. 

But I'm definitely planning for Thursday!!! No gigs, no other plans, just Malifaux-tasticness. Not sure which crew(s) I will use yet. But I am sure I'll by some more models when I'm there! ;)

Just wanted to thank Ron for helping put the Malifaux Night together, and also Matt for the fantastic game (and for all the help while playing!). I will definitely let you guys know when I'll be coming back in to get some gaming on. It was a great time! Now I need to look for an Insidious Madness proxy, and also get those Wave 2 cards printed, so I can use him...! :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

A friend and I are going to be playing at the NOVA Open in the Malifaux doubles event in August.  We would like to meet up with other players that want to try out a 50pt each layer doubles match.  Games and Stuff, Dropzone, and Titan are all within out travel area.  We usually try to get together on the weekend and are planning to be at Games and Stuff this Sunday.  Please reply or DM me if interested in meeting up.

Hope you guys were able to get some practice some where!

I was unfortunately engaged elsewhere this past weekend, though I've been *considering* registering for the team tournament down @ NOVA.  If you're still looking for a game in the future, let me know!

Heads up!

There will be a 50SS tournament at Games and Stuff this month on July 27th!  Info in the thread here: http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/102039-50ss-tournament-games-and-stuff-glen-burnie-md-sunday-july-27th/

I will also be running demo games most of the day this coming Saturday (the 12th). (http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/102040-malifaux-demo-day-games-and-stuff-glen-burnie-md-saturday-july-12th/)

And don't forget that this Thursday and next are Thor's Day at Games and Stuff. Open for gaming until Midnight!

• 3 weeks later...