WAAC Charity Event 23rd-24th August (UK mainly)

docbungle

WAAC has a new meaning Wargamers All Against Cancer

Background: Recently I have received the news that my mum has cancer. We are still waiting for the true extent of the cancer, but one thing that has been a great help to my mum and dad is the MacMillan Nurses. They have come in like a whirlwind of help, information and pain killers and already I am grateful that they have been there.

With this in mind I would love to do something for them, supporting Macmillan while they support others.

Now I could have stayed in a bath of baked beans or gone running, but I am a wargamer and this is a wargaming blog and the wargaming community has shown they are a fantastic bunch (yes I am massaging your egos).

The rough plan: 24 hours of wargaming (this can/will include other stuff like board games and MtG to painting) on the bank holiday weekend in August (23rd to 24th)

Systems: Any gaming system is good to go, infact the more systems the better as far as I am concerned.

Around the World?: This is for a UK charity but cancer effects everyone, so if other want to get involved please do

The Help: I cannot do this on my own the idea is too big. So I am asking the community to help. Go to your local gaming store, club, basement. Ask them can they take part, it doesnt even need to be the full 24 hours if that is not possible (due to health and safety etc.)

I have already contacted a few stores in UK and got a couple signed up, but I need more :) so I am asking to let me know if they are interested and if their group would be as well.

Raising the Cash: At the moment there are some ideas I am thinking about including an online raffle and cake selling as well as some ingame money spending but I need your help as well (new to this event thingy).

If you cant get something orgainsed but would like to help please use the just giving page I have set up -Wargamers All Against Cancer.

P.S. IF you want to take something official to your store/club here is a link to letter explaining the above a little and a contact email for me - LETTER.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

My grandma had cancer a few years ago, luckily she is in the clear now. My mum, sis and aunt all do the walks and runs so the least I can do is smartphone i love to help raise cash...! I am defo up for this and will speak to my local wargames store and club about arranging something... I will PM you later in the week to discuss it more!

Mali-No against cancer- cheat fate!

• 1 month later...

Doc, you have the full back of SYDD gaming club in Rotherham. We will do whatever we can to help.

I lost my grand pops this year and aunt 3 years ago to cancer, and beaten it myself so this is a big deal......

If you need anything, let myself or johnpaul know......

Good luck...

Doc, you have the full back of SYDD gaming club in Rotherham. We will do whatever we can to help.

I lost my grand pops this year and aunt 3 years ago to cancer, and beaten it myself so this is a big deal......

If you need anything, let myself or johnpaul know......

Good luck...

Wow cheers :)

If you guys can do something on the weekend that would be great.

I can add you as a place taking part

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We currently stand at over £6500, which isnt bad.

Painting was won by bigboybucky on twitter which is no surprise he keeps winning mfxtop!!!!

Raffle was won by Matt Smith and Ben Crowe who got oodles of prizes. The prizes boxed up stood at about 4ft in height.

Thank you one and all for everything people did

• Like 1