Quick Question about the Pine Box

danp164

Question

Well me and my buddies have started gravitating back towards malifaux now that 2nd edition is a solid thing (that and my best mates stubborn refusal to go anywhere near what GW has done to his beloved Imperial Guard) we had our first game, his Viks box vs my Lady J box and we got into a slight dispute over the pine box.

2nd turn I box a viktoria with a marshal hoping said marshal will stay alive long enough to get the vikky as far away from the rest of her crew as possible, his next activation his other vikky slots my marshal, viktoria one comes out of the box fair enough. Everything's clear so far i spend an activation running damage control, he then takes an activation with the previously boxed Vikky.

We're not entirely sure whether she can activate this turn.

To make it clearer, Viktoria gets boxed before she has a chance to activate, later that turn the marshal carrying her dies, she unburries, does she get to activate later this turn?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

Yes, being buried doesn't stop you from activating if you are subsequently unburied as Vik is now available to activate and has not activated this turn, which are the two requirements to activate a model.

Exactly. There's nothing stopping her from activating.