Lillith or Pandora

Arkhala

No joke here, this is how you do it. Grab a shuffled fate deck. Really shuffle it, cuz it's gonna make a very fated decision. You flip till you hit a joker. Red, buy Lilith. Black, buy Pandora. Paint and love their crew for a couple months at least. When you feel another urge to paint anew then buy the other - the difference in play style will feel like stealing fire from the gods. It was awesome!

(I flipped Red, btw)

• Like 1

I let the fate deck decide. Pulled a black joker so got No Shelter Here. Now to get painting.

Now's a stellar time to grab that box, since Teddy is ready now - so you can really advance the crew in plastic right away if you want.

Pandora is a joy to work with on the table.  As for Lilith and her Nephilim, if you do pick her up one day the ability to just slather melee damage on will feel freeing. 

I am a huge proponent of Pandora, specifically because of the models. But I also like her subtleties in gameplay, too. Wp duels instead of Df usually throws a wrench in your opponent's plans, and having a Baby as an Enforcer is just wrong... but in such a sadistically GOOD way!!  :D  There are TONS of things you can do to control movement, both on your crew and your opponent's, and you can really warp your opponent's sense of reality, too. Want to activate your Enforcer now, opponent? Nope, sorry... you have to activate your Peon now....  ;) It's fun to see them a bit frustrated and watch them retool their strategies in their heads on the spot. 

• Like 1

I went with shades of grey. Green is overdone and I wanted a sad, joyless, empty colour for them. They do exist to suck all the joy out of life after all, so monochrome in my colourful world seemed to fit for me.

I've gone for a dark purple base, I'm going to blend It up to a grey purple which will be the formed parts of the sorrows, I will probably do the same the poltergeist, and teddy. I'm not sure what else I'm expanding with but I'm not thinking too much about that at the moment.

I'm thinking of purple and red for cloth on Pandora, a dark purple grey for candy, baby Kade is just going to be fleshy. Painting the pearly eyes might be and issue as I haven't thought of how yet.

For pearly eyes, I'd base it in a light stone or sand color, like trollblood highlight / hammerfall khaki from P3, or dhenab stone / bleached bone from GW, or buff, pale greyblue, skygrey from Vallejo.  Then would use a thinned layer overtop of iridescent white, which would give a pearl effect and really allow the eyes to stand out.

If you wanted to go for a 'that model just creeps me out' effect...try a really light powder blue layer over one of the stone colors before the iridescent white...would give it a slight blue-ish hue with a pearl effect, kind of like a cave fish.

Those look really nice, Urion! Very cool alternate color scheme!

Staticvortex, I painted the eyes for Candy very similar, going with the Trollblood Highlight grey from P3 and just adding a bit of white to it to lighten it up a bit. I like that they make her eyes look flat, rather than iridescent, as it adds to the "unliving" effect, I think. But that's just me.  :P  And they aren't as difficult to paint as they seem. You just need a small brush.

Arkhala, I can't wait to see your models ip here and see how you've painted them!

Hey,

Will be a little while before I can get them up, still working out the sorrows, ive tried dry brushing the colours and it just looks messy so now to start over. pandy is almost done, just not based. Plus picked up Ama No Zako which I cant wait to paint.