2 noob marcus questions

izikial

two really newbi questions, i know im sry, but im a bit stumped

1)why are raptors so good, the beast thing can be got ried of at any time by discarding two cards.

Well, that IS the answer. Cards in your hand are the most valuable resource in any turn. You force them to discard and you're automatically at an advantage. Your next point will be that they'll just dump low cards that don't matter, making it no biggie. Still, the low cards are valuable to draw into your hand for next turn because you essentially stack the deck by keeping them out of the following turn. Discard will put them back in. Additionally, depending on the turn order, you can "beast out" the opposing model after it's gone and it's just stuck there. Raptors are a cheap way to give Marcus the advantage he needs and turn something into a beast so he doesn't have to horse around about it.

2) i get what alpher stricking is but how does marcus do it, can anyone explain the process.

:P Answered the wrong Alpha in my haste!

Edited by nerdelemental

1) If you are Enraged by Raptors you can only get rid of the beast status in the model activation. If an enemy activated some nice juicy target and you enrage it he has to wait till next turn to get rid of it.

If you activate Marcus after the Raptors than you can Alpha your target to fight for you. Next turn if you win initiative flip you can Alpha again and steal that target activation so he can't get rid of the beast status because he does not have an activation

ok i get it guys thanks, i thought you could discard any time, because that makes it really week, marcus targets you for reactivate, you discard and he wasted his ap.

I dont have my book 1 on me so could anyone tell me if most of marcus's things wp duels or moral duels, i cant remember and in my group of friends only one player uses living modles so far, so moral duels are a wast of time to try