Starting Crew ?'s

Grimwolf

Alright Gentlemen, knowing absolutely nothing about the rules, just based on my taste in Miniature sculpts I am thinkin' this might be my first crew.

Perdita

The Judge

Witchlings

The Executioner

Bishop

So how big of a game would this be? Do these models work together at all game play wise?

In other unfortunate news I was already to make a pre order then some D-bags in Georgia some how managed to get hold of my Debit Card number and went crazy to the tune of $2400! So to my dismay I will have to wait untill my bank can get this whole mess figured out to make my order.:angryfire

The plus side, I can get feedback on my Crew build before I pay for it :)

Thanks in advance,

Grim

first, these is a legal crew, no problems there

SS costs are

Judge - 7

Witchlings - 4 each

Executioner - 7

Bishop - 10

So 36 ss crew at this point if you take 3 witchlings.

They should work well together, Perdita and witchlings have some ranged attacks, Bishop and executioner are great in melee. The witchlings offer some magical protection. I think you could make it work :)

That's not a build I'd run, at least.

Bishop is going to cost you 11 stones to hire him as a mercenary. Witchlings should cost the same as Death Marshals. The Judge is cool, but he just doesn't do it for me mixed with Perdita. They'll all work together, but it's a crew that you'd better like the models in since it doesn't have a very particular focus. I'd say that a well rounded list wouldn't have a specific focus either, but it would instead be balanced and able to take on all threats. Swapping Sonnia in for Perdita gives you a bit more melee punch, while still having the ranged options you had with Perdita. Everything else you've got in that list is huge for melee. Perdita just really feels like a square peg there.

The witchlings do ahve some ranged, but they tend to be a bit more fun up close. At least then if they die, they still work out in your best interest.

Remember, Bishop is going to be another 11 stones if you want him in your list. That's definitely putting you into Brawl territory.

Edited by AoM

Thanks for the Input... I think I might just have to make it work. 'Cause Perdita is too pretty to not include. Maybe I will bring 2 Witchlings and a Death Marshall, or perhaps a witchling, a Death Marshall, and one of the Ortega's... now to figure out which one I like best...

Thanks again.

Honestly, units are pretty balanced in Malifaux (I'd like to think any ways) and you can build lots of different lists that work. Doubly so since Malifaux isn't as synergy centric as say Warmachine

I don't see any real problem with that list. It's not the end all be all but it will work. I mean, sure Perdita is a bit out of place in a melee oriented list but the melee units can keep enemies away from her as she shoots key targets (Hunting mages/ranged units). If an enemy can't get close to her it's very hard to kill her. Consider them a bodyguard army. And Perdita is very fundamentally strong master. Good spells, good damage. It all works.

There are plenty of options in the game, and as long as you don't make an entire army of support troops (Sorrows, Nurses) things will generally work.

Thanks for the Input... I think I might just have to make it work. 'Cause Perdita is too pretty to not include. Maybe I will bring 2 Witchlings and a Death Marshall, or perhaps a witchling, a Death Marshall, and one of the Ortega's... now to figure out which one I like best...

Thanks again.

The answer to that would be PAPA LOCO!!!!!!!!!!

That original list is not at all bad, really. Just expensive. Judge is pretty well rounded on range and melee, Witchlings do a bit of double-duty but I think you'd be good to examine the Death Marshals as replacements as the Witchlings like a little more melee and you've already got that covered nicely. Bishop and Executioner are beefcake melee. Perdita, also, can cover close and ranged combat, both very well.

So, my advice: drop all Witchlings, go with two Deathmarshals instead, and have some stones left for the game you play. :)

Note also that there's models we haven't seen that might tempt you and complement your army composition. Waiting on the bank might be a good thing.

What are you even talking about, TBK? Seriously, I think all that time with ramos has scrambled your brain.

I'm just saying that Perdita is likely to bring more family members through the breach.

But it's not going to happen till later on.

Plus anything you might say, AoM is highly suspect of being more Guild propaganda designed to confuse the common laborer.

I'm just saying that Perdita is likely to bring more family members through the breach.

But it's not going to happen till later on.

Plus anything you might say, AoM is highly suspect of being more Guild propaganda designed to confuse the common laborer.

lol

Well, I have a lot of choices... I actually have thought about picking up the Lady J box and Viktorias box, then adding an Executioner. That will give me some other options to mess around with. So many damn models I like.......

Yeah. That's a major issue with this game. Everything looks good. Heck, even the models I like the least are of much better quality then most of the best models of other ranges. (With a few notable exceptions of course)