Sonnia starting guide and tactics

FinalForm

Hello my fellow Guild players. I want to summorize all info about our hottest lady- Sonnia Criid.
It will take some time to expand this article but i will do it as soon as possible.

What is the concept?

She dishes out tons of aoe damage in some funny ways. You can actually kill something within 22 from her with pretty descent flips, and most important u can purge with fire. Remember that she has default_Plus.png on attacks against 6+wp, ignores LOS and cover against burning enemies and can fire some 2/3default_Blast.png/5default_Blast.pngdefault_Blast.png at them while they are failing Ca attacks.
You must realize that Sonnia is not a toolkit- she is a freaking flamethrower. She is very, very forthright. She burns the stuff, hates enemy casters and once again burns stuff.

Upgrades

She has some good upgrades, that have insane value.

-Cherufe's imprint - enemies near can not use ss (enemy henchmen within 3 has really hard time sustaining all that damages)
(1) flame wall - and here we go. Nice impasible los blocker, that can easily be copied by malifaux child. Great stoper of shooty armies and of various alphastrikes when placed properly. Deals some damage when expires, be careful.

-Reincarnation - many guys here think this upgrade sucks, i'm fine with it. Kill burning stuff within 10, get your free witchling for 2 cards or 1ss. Even 1 witchling is great 5ss for 1, 2+ witchlings are unlikely to appear, but man this feels good. Guild summoner confirmed. Main problem is Sonnia already being very hungry for resourses (for cards mostly) now you need to discard extra cards/ss. If you want to use this go with min cash of 6 or more.

-Counterspell aura - Removes all in-built suits from enemy casts. Neverborn, some arcanists and all obey/lure models cries and calling suicide prevention line. Also you can make their day even worse. For (1) you can ground their magic, so they almost can not cast at all.

-Cherufe's parting gift - sweet one, makes your default totem worth playing it by summoning it over and over for free. Second part is more important: your fellow witch hunters within 12 and los can chain activate. Push Sonnia for 12 with hearthbain then blast everything within los, push sam than let him unleash his righteous fury on enemy, pull thrall with handler then chain activate him to completly wreck anything around. This stuff is VERY good. 

-No more masks - makes Sonnia a very, very potent melee master with some excuses.  2/3/5default_Blast.png+ burning1+ push this model up to 2+ Heal1-3 wounds+ draw 1-3 cards. If you know enemy will try to tie Sonnia in melee- this is a great choise. Otherwise this is more of a meme-tier than a serious one. In some way can solve her hand problem which is very nice.

Main supporting models

-Francisco is the best way to make your Sonnia healthier and generaly is autoinclude nowadays. he is pretty squishy and you need a little bit of caution to keep this guy alive. Can push Sonnia out of melee which is also good for her.

-Malifaux Child is close to autoinclude, granting Sonnia second wall. That's all he is for 3ss.

-Papa Loco is nice buffer(default_Plus.png on dmg is GREAT) + he generates some good damage with blasts when focused. Be afraid of his on-death effect that hurts alot. 

-Hearthbane can attack Sonnia to push her then teleport, then push again. This is up to 12 inches (in most cases this means 1st turn 3 shots in the enemy team). 4 damage, but this can kinda fixes her mobility.No inbuilt suits, so card hungry as hell.

-Sue +Sonnia with counterspell aura is a death to any heavy casting army. They are done. He can also give some burning to the guys near him.

-Effigy is generaly good with any damaging master. And for 4 ss this one is very, very tough.

-Emissary is good, giving that sweet burning+1 to enemy without los, but I rarely can see place in my lists for his 10ss ass. He is not witch hunter also, so no chain activation to Sonnia/Sam via parting gift.

-Queeg is not tested, but i see him as Hearthbane alternative. He is a henchman for less ss, can not push Sonnia as far as Hearthbane but deals less dmg(9 inches vs 12 inches/3 vs 4 damage), but can push her without any additional cards/suits. Main problem he is not witch hunter, so no chain activation after push. He also has inferior damage track and far less fighty then hearthbane.

Downsides

Remember the weaknesses: 4 wk, 4 df, 12 hp.
She is slow and VERY squishy. Franc is absolutely needed and you need a way to speed her up.There is a problem that can not be solved easily for her: she is card hungry AF. Effigy can help just a little, queller and Jury can draw 1-2 cards,pair of debts are ok way to go, but outside of this- your hand is screwed. You will always have around 0-2 cards. Suck it.

To be expanded...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...