Misaki with or without extra SS?

Erik1978

Just finished painting Misaki and with the new The Storm upgrade, it seems her :crow bonus when not having soulstones is even better?

On the other hand I would feel naked and vulnerable with only 2 SS from the start of the game but is it well worth it, getting rid of those 2 stones relatively fast to trigger Assassination some more and possibly The Coming Storm? Or would you recommend I just use a SS from time to time when the trigger matters most?

Don't know why I keep hearing that new upgrade name with the voice of Nalak...

As someone who doesn't treat Misaki as an integral part of my team but rather a fun little nuisance while my actual crew does all the heavy lifting, I don't care enough to invest in extra stones. She pokes and prods and slinks into the background or center again and again until she dies, and at that point she's generally killed enough SS worth of models and wasted enough AP that I'm happy with what I got for it. If I have some leftover stones, brilliant, I'll be at 3 or 4 SS cache. But beyond that I'm gonna need it on models that actually score me points.

Which makes Risk and Reward, at least for me, a very uninteresting pick. Her upgrade slots tend to be filled with Recalled Training, Misdirection and Stalking Bisento already, and it's those upgrades that will get you the most out of her by far. Taking out one means tuning down her power significantly, and at that point you'll get less and less out of the extra SS you're saving for her. Your crew's the one hungry for stones, generally in the form of better hires. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Tried her yesterday with Recalled Training, Misdirecton, and The Storm. Stalking Bisento would probably have been better than the latter but it all worked out. Had 5 SS.

The Storm seems like a situational great Upgrade, where Stalking Bisento is just always solid good. 

Fuhatsu scored me 2 VP!?! :P

At the moment, I'm playing Misaki with The Storm, Misdirection, and Risk and Reward, accompanied with a Terracota Warrior. Mostly, I just stick to her Caché.

In the first turn, I spend the 2 SS on Risk, and then the terracota swaps R&R for Recalled training.

In most games, there is no difference from getting RT from the beginning instead of R&R, but Misaki has a kind-of Regeneration +2 for the rest of the game.

Although, if I find in the opposite side of the table a crew full of Freikorps, or a Merris in the hands of a good player, then I just spend 1SS in R&R, and use the other SS to swap The Storm for Stalking Bisento.

Anyway, I'm still "testing" the new Misaki. With The Storm I tend to miss having a good (0) action, but Misdirection and RT doesn't let any space to take On Winds of Wind. I shall try some other combinations.