Marlena Webster & the Viks

Mutter

I'm thinking of adding the little one to my Viks crew. Especially with Survivalist, it'd make Ashes stupidly survivable. But I'm not really sure what else she can bring to the crew, and whether it's really worthwhile to have her - 8ss is kinda steep 'just' for some survivability on Ashes (who really mostly goes down when I make mistakes).

What do you think? Any other models from Wave 5 that you'll include with the Viks?

40 minutes ago, Mutter said:

I'm thinking of adding the little one to my Viks crew. Especially with Survivalist, it'd make Ashes stupidly survivable. But I'm not really sure what else she can bring to the crew, and whether it's really worthwhile to have her - 8ss is kinda steep 'just' for some survivability on Ashes (who really mostly goes down when I make mistakes).

What do you think? Any other models from Wave 5 that you'll include with the Viks?

That sums up my feelings about Marlena for most masters really... And with Viks, as you say, Ashes tends to be a bit safer than Blood. I think the biggest deal in Wave 5 for the Viks is The Soaring Dragon on Blood, paired with Scion of the Void. With a bit of careful planning and/or activation control that's a nasty combo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nukemouse said:

Marlena seems very good at stopping scheme markers with her free charges against scheming models and her ability to ignore hard to kill on her ranged attack. Pesky collodi will not get any easy breakthroughs with marlena on the job!

That's a strong point - I can imagine her doing quite well lurking around the back field putting up a ~12" dangerzone for scheme runners after protecting the master.