Repulsive and incorporeal

Soil

Hi!

I'd like to get it into the clear what happens when Zoraida uses her tactical action "Repulsive" on an incorporeal model.

Repulsive pushes models "until they are no longer within 6" of Zoraida". Within (for example) 3" there is a piece of impassable terrain which the incorporeal model gets pushed into. Will the incorporeal model continue to travel through that terrain until no longer within 6" of Zoraida and not inside the impasseble terrain? This would mean that it could get pushed 10" if there is a big terrain piece there etc

Since the rule on Repulsive only states "until no longer within 6" I cant see how they would be able to stop in front of the terrain rather than get pushed X distance 

Interesting question! I think the incorporeal model would have to be pushed through the terrain and stop immediately on the other side because it can fulfil the requirement of being no longer within 6" of Zoraida by pushing through (and stopping any earlier is not legal). Non-incorporeal models would presumably have to stop because they came into contact with impassible terrain.

If it was written like "pushed until the model is 6" away from Zoraida" then that would make it stop imo.

I'm gonna say it will end the push in the same position as any other model. Repulsive will only push them until they are further than 6" away, at which point they will stop being pushed by the ability. If that position is in an illegal point, they will go to the closest legal point along the path they were pushed.

3 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

I'm gonna say it will end the push in the same position as any other model. Repulsive will only push them until they are further than 6" away, at which point they will stop being pushed by the ability. If that position is in an illegal point, they will go to the closest legal point along the path they were pushed.

I get the argument, but the ability does not say that it is a 6" push, it says Push until no longer within 6". Had it been a 6" push its clear that they would stop, but the wording "no longer within 6" does not have any range limitations

28 minutes ago, Soil said:

I get the argument, but the ability does not say that it is a 6" push, it says Push until no longer within 6". Had it been a 6" push its clear that they would stop, but the wording "no longer within 6" does not have any range limitations

The ability only pushes them until they are no longer in 6. That is the range limitation.

Why would it get pushed ex 5" rather then 10" tho, when 5" is within 6 and 10" isnt? Would it not get pushed to a legal point, rather then the closet legal pont where the legal point would be 10" due to it being further than 6"