Choose which of these two lists I run tomorrow

4thstringer

Which should I bring  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so I have a game tomorrow, in which I have two lists I can bring.  

My opponent is most likely TT Mei Fang, with possibilities of Arcanists, NB Jacob, Lilith or Titania.  

Deployment is standard, Strat is Guard the stash, schemes are * Claim Jump (Always) * Dig Their Graves (Crows) * Accusation! (Masks) * Undercover Entourage (2) * Tail 'em (10)

I have two lists that I am considering using.  I'm considering them not so much for their effectiveness, as "I wonder if I can pull this off".

The first is a nonviolent list, which will focus on slowing, paralyzing or burying my opponent.  I will only try to kill those models that are resistant to WP duels.  I am realizing I don't think I can bring that one against TT due to the prevalence of Yas with his stubborn and Mei's immunity to slow and paralyze.  It has nellie, Aonius, Allison Dade, 2 death marshalls, the press, and 2 performers.

The second is a list that is going to try to get 2 Dr. Grimwell Lobotomies off, including one first turn.  

It has nellie, Grimwell (with numb and research grant), papa loco, emissary, frank, the press and envy.  The idea being that my crew puts all the buffs on grimwell (fast, focus, + dam, el mayor) and buries him.  Emissary gets grimwell close enough, and grimwell can double walk and still get off a focused, + dam lobotomy.  The next turn, Grimwell can lobotomize someone else hopefully.  Its a gimmick, but hell, I yam who I yam.

If I don't use one of these lists this week, I am sure I will use them soon.  Its just a matter of when.

The two lists are henchmen heavy, making it easy for your opponent to score Tail'em. But, you have two death marshall in the first list. They can bury your spotted henchmen by the end of the turn if necessary. The fist list also seems to make Dig their easier (and also denying it) and the performers can spot the ennemy leader and henchmen more easily. These are the reasons explaining my preference for the first.

Lobotomy sounds a lot of fun though :D, but it does not necessarily helps you scoring.

• Like 1

So results: a 6-1 victory against Marcus.  I Was able to take dawn serpent down first turn,  then wiffed on a rattler second turn.   Nellie was able to keep my opponent off the market and slow for enough that he struggled to score.   

The gimmick put my opponent on his back foot,  and given the opportunity could have erased a second model. 

Nellie plays control well, but I struggled to score anything but undercover entourage. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I Was able to take dawn serpent down first turn,  then wiffed on a rattler second turn. 

With lobotomies?

9 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I struggled to score anything but undercover entourage. 

How did you score undercover entourage? Did Grimwell simply run there? Or maybe a teleport trick with the emissary?