Body of Evidence plus 2e Starter hello,

The Beardy Bear

I've played 16 games with McMourning in the last few months. 

I really like plastic surgery and on the clock as upgrades for him. 

If you were to add some things, the brutal effigy, executioner and Francisco are all great additions. 

McMourning is really fun to play. I take Sebastian, a nurse, and the chihuahua with him all the time. Grimwell and an orderly sometimes. 

This is the list I've been running lately:

50 SS Guild Crew
McMourning + 6 Pool
 - Plastic Surgery (1)
 - On The Clock (1)
Zombie Chihuahua (2)
The Judge (9)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
Sebastian (7)
Executioner (9)
 - Ready To Work (0)
Nurse (5)
Brutal Effigy (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

And here's a list I used at a tournament before I had a few of the other models.

50 SS Guild Crew
McMourning + 6 Pool
 - Plastic Surgery (1)
 - On The Clock (1)
Zombie Chihuahua (2)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
Francisco Ortega (8)
Sebastian (7)
Executioner (9)
 - Ready To Work (0)
Nurse (5)
Orderly (5)

(exported from CrewFaux)

• Like 1

It's a good start! Start playing and figure out what you should keep and drop through experience. To start you out though, you should look into dropping that second nurse.

Use the forum's search function to look up Dr. Grimwell, there's a lot of information floating around about your crew, I'm sure you'll find it interesting, and useful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Beardy Bear said:

So with my collection how does this look:

50 SS Guild Crew
McMourning + 4 Pool
 - On The Clock (1)
 - Badge Of Office (2)
Zombie Chihuahua (2)
Dr. Grimwell (9)
 - Research Grant (1)
Sebastian (7)
Nurse Heartsbane (8)
Nurse (5)
Orderly (5)
Orderly (5)
Nurse (5)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Plastic surgery is amaaaaazing. If you can fit it in then it changes his opportunities dramatically. Plastic surgery does 2 wonderful things.

When you take poison damage you push 5 inches. Charge McMourning with your nurse to load up 8 poison. Keep him within 8" of Sebastian and he gets a 5" push when he activates and at the end of the turn. A great way to set up nasty attacks and keep the good doctor safe (just make sure you land some attacks to heal).

Plastic surgery also makes enemies within 3" undead. Rancid transplant adds +2 poison for each undead model within 3". So you can use it to load up a huge amount of poison onto a model. Then you expunge with the doctor or chihuahua or let Sebastian tick for lots of damage. It's really amazing. I hit my own models to boost up the poison all the time. I got 14 poison onto Joss and Yasanori in separate games last week. 

1 hour ago, Masquer said:

It's a good start! Start playing and figure out what you should keep and drop through experience. To start you out though, you should look into dropping that second nurse.

Use the forum's search function to look up Dr. Grimwell, there's a lot of information floating around about your crew, I'm sure you'll find it interesting, and useful!

I have a different opinion: I sold one of my nurses and regret only using one. One nurse is slow and she can get left behind. With two, they could alternate which one gave meds and which one walked up the board. Also, it is fun to give a casting enemy the hallucinogens and force them to only melee. They cannot even charge. ;) Or here is another naughty trick: give an enemy downers. It gives them negative flips and armor. McMourning ignores armor, and Guild McMourning can make the friendly right next to the enemy with downers ignore armor too. :D

The starter box is McMourning's Guild box, even if it isn't advertised as such. They're meant to work together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Masquer said:

I love this game, so much variety!

And if your meta hasn't yet consigned the nurses to instant, immediate, 'given the choice between scything out the master or the minion we'll kill the nurse, every time' priority on the kill list, I imagine only running one is safer than it is after accomplishing the medication of enemy forces.

To be fair, I like redundancy in my lists more than do good players. The best lists don't field multiples and look more like yours and what@RustAndTheCity plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

And if your meta hasn't yet consigned the nurses to instant, immediate, 'given the choice between scything out the master or the minion we'll kill the nurse, every time' priority on the kill list, I imagine only running one is safer than it is after accomplishing the medication of enemy forces.

To be fair, I like redundancy in my lists more than do good players. The best lists don't field multiples and look more like yours and what@RustAndTheCity plays.

The meta is always a consideration. Great point.

And thank you for the complement, though I don't mind redundancy when I can afford it. 

I used an orderly for two tournaments and didn't find I got enough out of him. I've been reconsidering them lately. I think they could be useful as a kind of wound battery for McMourning. Inject them a couple times and their regeneration heals them almost as quickly as they take the poison damage (depending on auras). You could use them as a nice way to drop some markers while not taking too much damage from the poison.

I didn't like heartsbane until I used her for a bunch of henchman hardcore games when teaching some new players. She's a bit suit dependant, but she can get some decent utility from her push and attacks.

The executioner is fun but squishy.

The brutal effigy is great for McMourning. You can heal 1 each time you do damage and draw a card after killing. That brings McMournings self healing to an insane potential of 9 wounds in a turn. He's also a great minion for dropping a few markers and has finish the job, armour 1 and hard to kill for only 4ss. And he conveniently comes in his own single box.