Terracotta Warrior and damage that may not be reduced

Jokerboy

Question

5 answers to this question

I was pretty sure the answer is a no, and thought it was discussed in regards to Rusty Alyce Burning out a model, and Ancient protection not working on it, but I can't see it in the FAQ.

I'll go and check ...

Found it, not in Outcasts, or Ten thunders, but in core rules

50) What does “ignore” mean in the rules? For example, Rusty Alyce’s Burn Out Action says the damage cannot be ignored. Ignore refers to any way to avoid the game effect, be it through redirection, Conditions, or other game rules. For example, the Terracotta Warrior’s Ancient Protection Condition seems to allow the Terracotta Warrior to suffer the Burn Out damage instead of the initial target. This means the original target of the Burn Out Action is not impacted by the Burn Out Action, and therefore it was ignored. A Terracotta Warrior would not be able to use Ancient Protection to suffer the damage caused by Rusty Alyce’s Burn Out because it cannot be ignored by the initial target. (11/1/16)

So in answer to your original question, yes, I think you could move damage that may not be reduced or prevented, but not damage that can not eb ignored. 

• Like 1

If not.

Ancient Protection: When this model suffers damage, a friendly Terracotta Warrior within 12" and LoS may suffer the damage instead. This damage may not be reduced and counts as having been caused by this Condition. Then, end this Condition.

Misdirection: After an Attack from an enemy model succeeds against this model, target model within 2" of this model must discard two cards or suffer the effects of the Attack Action instead of this model. The model which attacked this model may not be the target.

Would that mean that Misdirection does not work against such Attack Action too?

Only difference is that one only transfers the damage and the other one all effects (like 2/3/5 damage and poison +2 for example).

Both are not worded as an reduction or a prevention.