Dig their Graves and Hunting Party

Raclesis

Question

Dig their graves states that "Once per turn, after this Crew kills of sacrifices an enemy non-Peon model that is within 4" of one of more Scheme Markers friendly to this Crew, score 1 VP, then your opponent may remove one Scheme Marker friendly to your Crew within 4" of the killed (or sacrificed) model. If this Scheme and another of your Schemes would score any VP off the same model being killed or sacrificed, you must choose only one of your Schemes to score from."

Hunting Party states "At the end of every Turn after the first, score 1 VP if at least one enemy Minion or Peon model was killed by one of this Crew's Enforcer or Henchmen models."

My question is on the timing. It looks like Dig their graves is scored right away, while Hunting Party is scored at the end of the turn. If that is the case, can you score both off of killing the same model, since Hunting Party doesn't score at the same time as Dig their graves? 

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Hi,

can you explain me this one in more details please?

Sure. Dig Their Graves says: "If this scheme and another of your schemes would score any VP off the same model being killed or sacrificed, you must choose only one of your schemes to score from."

This means that if you kill a model, you must choose either dig their graves or your other scheme to score from. When I say "there's no timing restriction", what I mean is that it doesn't matter when each scheme would score, you cannot get points off Dig Their Graves and your other scheme as a result of killing the same model. For example, if your other scheme is A Quick Murder and you killed the target for that scheme, both Dig Their Graves and A Quick Murder would be eligible to score at the same time, but you could only choose one due to the text of Dig Their Graves. On the other hand, a scheme like Hunting Party scores at the end of the turn, not when an eligible model is killed, but if you had scored from Dig Their Graves on all the minions/peons you killed that turn, then you could not score from Hunting Party that turn because Dig Their Graves blanket bans scoring both schemes off the same model being killed, even if that scoring does not happen at the same time.

• Like 1