So, some time has passed - Emissaries?

Mutter

I've got both the Shadow and Arcane Emissaries to put together, and I'll be running the Arcane in some practice games for an upcoming event to see if it'll replace Hank, Rail Golem, or Mech Rider (with some soulstones in change). I suspect that whether or not it will be an interesting swap will depend on the crew and schemes (I can practice into the strats as they're already published). My first three master grabs (playstyle bias) are Mei, Toni, and Kaeris. Colette could also be interesting to mess with, but I'll need more practice than I have time for (league play should help some though).

Arcane emissary is really easy to fit into most arcanist crews because it's a very direct model - it's a charge 10 model that hands out a free (1) action, has a brutal one-use charge attack, has an (0) to throw out that last bit of damage and kill a model, with some pushes and scheme/corpse removal thrown in for good measure. The fact that several of it's unique upgrades are very useful is just a bonus (the fact that these don't fit with how direct of a model it wants to be probably hurts it). The fact that it's one of the more resilient emissaries helps with its use too.

edit: To contrast with what Trikk said about the brutal emissary - you don't need to plan around the arcane emissary - it's a big, simple, effective model that *can* provide some bonuses to augment your master's playstyle if necessary.

I'm doing more in depth practicing and planning with Ironsides. His action with her Conflux lets you dial up Ironsides' control, as he can force people to move towards her regardless of your opponents' activation order being used to block charge/walk lanes (unlike her upgrade aura). Combined with her usual responses to being surrounded (and the controlling nature of her within her crew that I'm unlocking), it's solid.

With Colette, being able to (0) teleport and line up a Cg 10, wow. Add in the ability to have Colette's crew use him as a scheme marker and her crew's mobility/lethality goes up.

Ramos' upgrade giving it construct and magnetism seems soft. Until you start stacking in all the things that Ramos and his crew do with constructs. Bleeding Edge Tech on a medfield-leaning Henchman/Enforcer that can take it mixed with some Combat Mechanic shenanigans can make the raging bull stick around a lot longer. Magnetism is not as reliable and slippery as teleporting, but it does give him the possibility of non-linear threats similar to Colette's Emissary (or being the initiator of a spider factory chain, allowing Ramos to stay back longer).

Kaeris being able to double-dip on (0) actions allows greater utilization of all of her abilities, without counting on the opponent playing along. I'm especially fond of the idea of flaring for cards to fuel my late-turn shenanigans.

Masters I don't play:
Rasputina having another channeling node is not a bad thing for her curse web. Turning off defensive triggers with Marcus as an aura seems really really good.

Ramos' upgrade giving it construct and magnetism seems soft. Until you start stacking in all the things that Ramos and his crew do with constructs. Bleeding Edge Tech on a medfield-leaning Henchman/Enforcer that can take it mixed with some Combat Mechanic shenanigans can make the raging bull stick around a lot longer. 

Bleeding Edge Tech only give regeneration to minions, the Emissary is an enforcer. And the (0) gives :-fate to both friends and enemies so while it could potential give some protection it would take some careful positioning since the Emissary likes to get stuck in.

Bleeding Edge Tech only give regeneration to minions, the Emissary is an enforcer. And the (0) gives :-fate to both friends and enemies so while it could potential give some protection it would take some careful positioning since the Emissary likes to get stuck in.

Yeah--but the presence of beaters takes pressure off of the spiders (who get the regen and debuff targets, as well as being plentiful enough to run schemes or become bombs). Ramos' Combat Mechanic is what you can use to keep the Emissary kicking longer. I should have been more clear :)