2016 UK Nationals

OldManMyke

Common Grounds is indeed a fantastic venue, but there is the Scottish GT in summer that everyone is invited to as well. With the Scottish GT, the Doubles GT, a potential team GT and the UK GT/ Nationals we have a number of events with potentially massive attendance. Would be nice to spread them out, and keep the biggest one somewhat central imo (and maybe somewhere along the M1?).

With enough warning Sanctuary isn't that bad, I think the cold environment is mainly a problem if people aren't prepared for it. The cosplay Sunday might suffer a bit though.

I have heard good things about Firestorm, but that end of the UK is a nightmare to get to from the far north. And I agree with Panzer on the NWGC thing. The location would be good but the venue itself is a dump, especially the toilets. And having 130 people in a room with a broken fire exit (I assume it's not repaired yet) is a no.

Ref the NWGC, the last 3 times I've gone up there I've come back with a throat or chest bug. I'm not going back until the place is thoroughly cleaned and they stop pumping fumes into the room from that generator by the bar, whatever it is. Love Element and the locals, hate the dependence on Strepsils afterwards.

Would agree with Ben on NWG until it comes under new management not fit for purpose for a large event. The toilets are unsanitary even when it is quiet. e

I have heard good things about Firestorm, but that end of the UK is a nightmare to get to from the far north  

For firestorm the easiest way is to fly to get here from the north would be to fly from Edinburgh or Newcastle to Bristol then bus or train over. I've done it many a time when I lived in Newcastle and used to be fairly efficient and a lot cheaper than the train.

but I can see why it would be an issue to have it here otherwise it's quite a long drive down here,

• 4 weeks later...