Torakage

Duront

HI All,

I was curious how people used Torakage now that the full list of models is out. I can't seem to find a place for them in a list with any master, let alone Misaki. Would shenlong help them out with the free focus? Are they meant to be objective runner with smoke bomb?

Pretty much, I've mostly used them without the last blossom upgrade and the few times I've used them with it, I haven't had the masks to capitalize on it. Basically use them as flankers that can kick ass and get objectives done if left to their devices is my suggestion, though I do tend to default to Tengu now simply because I need numbers to compensate for the expensive thunder minions.

Having across the board 6's in their stats is alwasy something worth considering, they are very solid performers.

I still try and find room for one as objective runners and screens for the rest of my crew. Smoke and Shaodws is an upgrade that helps them out a lot. They are also impossible to pin down so unless they get killed there should be nothing that stops them form getting where they want to go.

Running with McCabe would be fine. They are pretty self suffcient, if you want to play with smoke to have them 'porting about just take Yamaziko or Ototo and put the Smoke upgrade on them. Combo ing with a Wastrel you can get a good hold on flanks (using cast offs and going for petrified feather). Getting glowing sabre on them can be fun and badge of speed would work really well with deliver a message.

passing them an upgrade would give you the push to ensure they benefitted from their own positive flips - and having an upgrade while with 6" of McCabe would mean they also benefitted from promises - this could be a very potent combination.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised that anyone is having trouble finding a place for Torakage. They flat out win many fights against other faction's flanking/objective grabbing models, the stats are great, and the smoke upgrade seems pretty strong, to boot.

I'm planning on running them with a bunch of my Outcast masters, just paying the extra soulstone to use them as mercenaries. Kind of a shame that there are no dual faction Last Blossoms, but I can see the logic, I suppose.

I recently ordered a Misaki box set and was contacted by the folks that were pulling the order.  They let me know that there were no boxes for the sprue.  I had the option of canceling the order or getting the sprue without the box (which I requested).  I assume that the boxes were most likely damaged somehow.  

Just my 2 cents.