Trigger happy and shooting into engagements #2

zdendalini

Question

Hello everyone.
I have a question about the trigger "trigger happy" at Convict Gunslinger. he says, "perform collier pistol attack against the same target."
When shooting in melee combat, I randomly assign target. shoot the Bishop, who is engaged with Rusty Alyce, which is friendly. flip lowest fell Bishop, the aim of the attack is therefore Bishop. I am successful and manage to meet the trigger "Trigger happy". Now, I have to randomly assign target.
What happens when the flip determined as the target Rusty Alyce? Alyce is not the same target as the one that triggered the trigger. I think the "trigger" attack against Rusty Alyce I can not do this, because I did not fulfill the conditions trigger "perform collier pistol attack against the same target."
What do you think?
Thanks for any advice.

15 answers to this question

You declare an intended target when shooting into melee, then flip to see who you actually shoot at. In your example, you declare a shot at Bishop, wind up shooting Alyce and get the trigger. The next shot is declared against Alyce because that was your last target, but you still randomize.

I dont think so.

Original target was Bishop, he lost Df duel and launched Trigger happy. I have to randomize target for this trigger, but still I cant run the trigger against model that doesn start that trigger. Alyce isnt the same target from the first duel, condition of that trigger, the same target is Bishop.

Agree with others. This is also, one of those common sense things (no offense), but you're shooting at one target....which you declared.....the random element only shows that the models are moving and someone else gets hit......so someone else may have gotten hit, but it doesn't change your 'intent' to hit a certain target.

So it looks like you all didn't agree then?

Dgraz says "originally declared" target is used, Halycon (and Godlyness?!?) say "randomly affected" target is used, is my reading?

I agree with Halycon and Godlyness given the rules say when shooting into an engagement you only select a temporary target from which to base randomising on to determine the "real" target. So I read it as opposite to Dgraz. Select Bishop as my temporary target, randomise and Alyce is selected as the target, triggers resolve against Alyce, Alyce is chosen as the temporary target of the second attack, randomise and so on...

What? Read the rules and stop over-thinking.

Targets that get hit because of randomizing get hit no matter what....whether they are in or out of LoS. It's in the rules.

You don't change the 'Trigger Happy' target just because the first randomize was someone else.

When you discard a card for Trigger Happy, you declare a target. Bishop in this case. Bishop is the Trigger Happy target. Then you randomize.....oops you accidentally shot Alyce in the back of the head.......2nd shot, Bishop is still the target.....you randomize again......3rd shot, Bishop is still the target.....randomize again.

Also, What?

You don't discard a card for trigger happy. You are thinking of Rapid Fire. And your explanation is correct.

What was asked is, if I get my TRIGGER HAPPY trigger, and it randomises to a model out of LoS, it hit that model, but can I then declare a trigger happy trigger against a model I know I can't declare as a target?

My answer would be no.