jumping

scarlett fever

Question

4 answers to this question

If 2 pieces of high terrain are close together is it possible to jump from one to the other? Is there any mechanic for this?

I'm starting to build a Malifaux board with multiple levels and realised I couldn't spot an answer to this in the book.

There are models with Leap or Flight that can do so, as would movement that is a Place, but Walks and Pushes should generally not be able to. 

If the space between the the terrain is less than 30mm, I suppose you could argue that the model cannot fall between them, and thus traverses the "gap."

Since the players define the terrain at the beginning of the game, I imagine you could define the smaller gaps as Severe, that would simply tale additional movement to negotiate across.

I see what I've inadvertently done now.

The high levels I can rectify however I also have a chasm running through the board.

I didn't want to have a board that needed house rules, I wanted a board I could just bring to any games.

Having this affectation means the board will be better for some crews than others, i.e any crew with lure or push abilities.

But is this bias something that is inherent in any board set-up, what do other players think?

If this is going to be a special house rule board that favours certain crews I'd be tempted to start again.

Maybe Fenton's severe ruling is the best way out of this.