Looking to get back in (opinions and speculation welcome)

RequiemNex

Hello People of Malifaux,

Back in October of 2012 a friend and I started poking around at the idea of Malifaux. We downloaded our online rulebook and found what we thought were the coolest looking boxes and purchased them. Me "The Dreamer" and he "Pandora". We sat down and white knuckled through a game. Then after that we played another game with the help of an experienced player. Aside from a few rules interactions we had the general rules down and at least understood mechanics.

So time has gone on and I am looking to get back into the game but am not sure I want to start back up with the dreamer. I am looking for advice on playstyle rather than just liking the looks of the models.

As I am sure you can guess I have a fondness for the quirky idea of "Lord Chompy Bits" and also have a soft spot for the gremlins. I have looked them over many times as an option but have not been sold on it yet. That being said...

I really enjoy forces that just when the enemy thinks they have won you turn it around on them. A force that someone goes into the fight thinking that they "got this". I enjoy trixxy forces. I enjoy forces that lure my enemy into a false sense of security. In other games I have played Eldar and Circle of Orboros.

So guys, what do you think would be the force for me? What masters do you think would be ideal for that playstyle?

• 2 weeks later...

as far as "tricksy" masters go... Collette always springs to mind, and ive always thought that, if played a certain way, Lilith can be a bit of a trickster....

Really pinning it down to a master may be more difficult, as alot of times, your "tricks" will be in the interactions between your master and the crew you take....

I cannot however comment on anything gremlin, as i have zero experience with them.