advice for demo games

WoeIsMe

As the title implies, I was wondering if anyone had any sage wisdom on running demo games for new players... good starting SS levels, important rules to make sure to cover, general flow of ways to introduce people to Malifaux and keep it fun and interesting.

I do not consider myself a great teacher sadly, a bit to scatter brained im afraid, but id do well if someone had a possible "class plan" that has worked for them that i could "teach" off of.

Hopefully someone can throw some advice my way, as I am really out of my element on this.

As always, thanks in advance for any and all advice, and thoughts.

--Woe

I usually do around 35ss and only run a strategy and no schemes to cut down on the number of things the new player has to remember. I make sure to tell them a little bit about schemes, and how they give you secondary objectives for more victory points, but how we're not using them in the demo game, just to make it easier. Everyone thus far has been pretty grateful for that.