Guild McMourning

Hagisman

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary, but to do without the upgrade deprives you of two very potent things Guild McMourning has in his favour:

a) Nurse + Witchling Stalker = very potent healing combo. Nurse heals + paralyzes a model, Stalker removes the Paralyzed Condition so the model can continue on its way.

B) Giving Precise to models provides an enormous bump in damage-dealing capacity if dealing with any Armor or Hard to Wound model (my first thoughts turn to Constructs and Undead for this particularly, so some amount of Arcanists, Guild, Resurrectionists, Neverborn, and Outcasts all present targets here). Removing Armor allows those with low damage (but not 1-damage) to sneak through a few more points per attack, and allows those with high damage-ramping at moderate/severe to more easily achieve or cheat the values in by ignoring the negative flips from Hard to Wound. Plus, the Interact Actions certainly don't hurt, particularly given the 10-inch command range.

It's certainly possible to build an effective list without the Nurses, but I think I'd feel a little hamstrung without them. That may just be from my being predominantly a Resurrectionist player, though.

I would recommend taking a quick look at Plastic Surgery as well, though, if you're interested in a few curious mechanics; it allows McMourning to be quite effective with The Judge, and may allow for impressive interaction with the Exorcist once we know for sure what its rules will be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have to say playing around with McMourning, as Guild though I didn't use too many of his Guild abilities. Was a nice change of pace. Which is weird considering I usually play Lady J, and both seem to like to stay close to their opponents.

35ss.

Upgrades - On the Clock, Evidence Tampering(or whatever scapel sling is)

Sebastian

2 Guild Guard

2 Death Marshals

1 Nurse

Was versus Lilith with Terror Tots, Mature. Grow list.

Having the Death Marshals really helped lock down the enemy crew, which is more than likely due to Low Willpower on Lilith's part. Thirteen in hand, try and go for it, nearly 100% successful.

The Nurse hands down was awesome, a terror tot at full health became a young(not sure if they heal when they grow). Injecting him with paralyze won me the game.

I kept McMourning at range for the most part, but every once in a while I would have him get into close combat to kill something right out. Expunge was good, but I definitely had to choose between it and scalpel sling more times than I liked. And when I did expunge the enemy usually had 1 health left, but that was my fault.