Rasputina vs. Tanner

Deadeyes

Question

Greetings all,

I played a game with a friend yesterday and the match was Lynch vs. Rasputina. Due to some lucky draws, flips and good placement I (Rasputina) had wiped out 4 of his 6 crew members by the top of the third turn.

This was only possible because I was able to cheat several of the December's Curse cast and damage flips that I had (I was able to use Black Jokers as Red Jokers). My question is, if I am using Ice Mirror to cast through a model that is within 6 inches of Tannen, should I have to discard an extra card in order to cheat? I only ask because this would've made it much more difficult for me to do the amount of damage that I did in those two turns. I feel like it would be fair to say yes, I should have to discard an extra card in order to cheat through that model but the rules are not 100% clear.

I would appreciate any clarification on this!

Edited by Deadeyes

3 answers to this question

I don't believe so, as Ice Mirror allows Raspy to "draw LOS from a friendly model", but says nothing regarding the friendly model activating or the like, so if she is out of range, which she is likely to always be if you using ice mirror, she should be unaffected

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

With Cooler stating "enemy models within 6 must discard a card before cheating fate", I'm pretty sure as written there could be no argument that Raspy would be affected, and can't even really think of a rewrite for the rule that would not be clunky and Raspy specific, that could change it to effect her mirror casting, if that was their intent

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I can certainly see what you mean though that there is a certain equity argument that it could be frustrating for the Tannen player to a degree, but I think its best to think of the dozen heart models almost as just terrain the spell is bouncing through.

Not sure I agree that Raspy would be affected by Cooler if using Ice Mirror on through a model in the aura and she wasn't. Raspy is drawing range and LoS from the model, but she isn't in the aura. The substitute model does not count AS Raspy, it is essentially just a point in space that she has special rules to take advantage of, she herself is not within the aura, and therefore from my perspective wouldn't be affected.