CT's WIP Thread

CreganTur

The mobile painting station has been getting a lot of work lately. I've been using it to work on minis over most of my lunch breaks, so I thought I'd show off the multiple concurrent projects I have.

First up, is a sale project. I bought the Island of Blood box a while ago to paint up for sale on ebay. I am close to finishing the Sword Master of Hoeth squad:

he1.jpg

he2.jpg

he3.jpg

he4.jpg

As you can see, I still have a bit left to do. I am really proud of how the banner turned out.

I also run a Pathfinder game for my gaming group. In our last session the party was ambushed by some griffon riders. Due to the amazing quick thinking of the party's Erudite, they captured the 2 griffons and the Crusader has tamed them. Because of that, I've started working on the griffon I got from Bones 1:

bgriffon1.jpg

bgriffon2.jpg

I'm also working on the Bones paladin with the flaming sword. He represents the character I was playing in our 1-off 13th Age adventure. I wanted to do a saffron orange, but my color is a bit off. Also, my camera apparently HATES orange as it is not that red, nor that badly blended in real life.

bflamepaladin1.jpg

Finally, I'm working on painting up parts of the translucent green ghost wall:

bghostwall1.jpg

I'm using the brand new bone color triad from the new paint set from Bones 1. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the way the skeletons look. Something seems off and I can't tell what it is.

when i first started painting, i did some skeleton horsemen. I with with the old school black primer and then bone to white, but leaving the deepest recesses black.

later i got lazy when i got my hands on a truckload of plastic skeletons on foot. these i did white primer with brown ink then bone drybrush. In my mind, skeletons came out of the dirt, dirt is brown, so they should be dirty brown.

really dont know why, but i dont like it. i'm now considering stripping and reapinting my entire undead army because i like the movie classic black and white skeletons look. the extra contrast really makes the bone pop to the eye i think.