In Need of Ramos Tactical Advice

DavicusPrime

Played again yesterday with Ramos and I really like him as a master! This time I didn't hire the Swarms but I made them, I didn't even hire the Electric creation because I wanted to try out Ramos' summoning skills, so I summoned the Creation, killed it with Joss and made 6 spiders out of the scrap markers. I really like Joss dropping an additional Scrap marker.

We were discussing with my opponent about Ramos and a few things came up.

1. It says on the Ramos' summoning about spiders that the target number is 3:tomes , he said last time they played it so that the total for 3 spiders was 19 :tomes , what I read from the card was that with 3 spiders it would be 19 :tomes:tomes:tomes , which one was correct?

2. The Rail Golem has the locomotion ability, does it trigger an disengagement strike if you cast it and it allows you to immediately take a wk action?

3. If you cast 3 spiders, they come up with 3 wds -1 from armor, so that leaves them with 2wds, what I did was cast magnetism on Ramos, made one spider suffer the 2dmg dropping a scrap marker and made 3 more.

So yeah I blew my high cards on summoning wanting to test that out, my crew list was:

Ramos: Electrical Summoning, Arcane Reservoir

Howard Langston: Imbued Energies

Joss: Imbued Energies

Rail Golem: Imbued Energies

Brass Arachnid

5SS cache

If I remember correctly, anyways we played 45SS game. I really like Brass Arachnid, wow, first time I completely ditched that critter but it's pretty great.

Ramos I like a lot, the spider summon if you make 3 costs a lot, as it takes a high tome card and a soul stone on top of the build in :tomes but I think it's worth it.

Rail Golem was a huge disappointment and got killed quite easily, should have propably brought in a Metal Gamin if you using the Golem. I think that I will be switching the Golem for a pair of Coryphee's, what I read this morning, they seem awesome!

Howard was great as he always is, Joss is awesome as always.

Well that's just some of my thoughts on Ramos, really digging him a lot :)

That's good to hear. In answer to your questions;

1) You need 19:tomes:tomes:tomes, so in effect you'll need an 11:tomes in hand and to discard a stone for the final :tomes.

2) Yes, it's still taking a walk action.

3) You can but you can only cast Summon the Swarm once per turn. So you'd need to summon them next turn.

There are three main ways of healing;

Bleeding Edge Tech: Which gives minions within an aura Regeneration. This won't help Howard or the Golem though as they're enforcers.

Combat Mechanic: Give's Ramos the ability to heal structs as a (1), requiring a low :rams and a scrap counter.

Johan: You can hire Johan who has a (2) :pulse which heals nearby M&SU members.

So it depends how you want access to your healing. I personally don't tend to bother. I want to attrition my spiders for scrap and Miss Step (Howard) I tend to run wide, so she'd be out of range of the healing anyway.

I found things to be the same as Mythic said. I ran Bleeding edge on Joss which kept my spiders in pretty good shape so long as they hung around in the center of the board. But Howie was busy doing his own thing and Ramos didn't have many opportunities to cast his healing spell due to the lack of scrap counters.

One game I played against Tara and she had Howie buried most of the game, so that kinda eliminated any healing opportunities. And playing against Sonnia, she was killing stuff so quick that you didn't have time to heal them anyway (tactical hint: don't keep spiders in groups when blasts are incoming).

-DavicusPrime