Intro to McMourning

Rhonlore

If they run they give you the control over a large space of the board, use that to your advantage, Plus if they run with poison on them it will slowly tick down, killing them the long way. Either way its a win. Use the fear of getting poison bombed to control the schemes and scenarios, especially in big fights over the center of the board like Turf War.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to pick up Line in the Sand, Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, and Assassinate with McMourning. Canine Remains are great scheme runners, plus his Evidence Tampering upgrade and Injection abilities are great for tossing down scheme markers without spending AP. I like Assassinate just because of the high amounts of damage you can do to a Leader when you focus a large amount of poison and drop expunge on a target.

His Moonlighting upgrade allows you to start gaining massive advantage against non summoning crews when you start killing with expunge too, as you can proceed to bring up Flesh Constructs who have a healthy amount of poison counters that beg to be transferred and exploded on as well.

As far as factions to play against, I've only really gotten to run against Arcanists and Guild so far. He does pretty well against both though Ramos can out activate you as the game continues on. Any faction that has constructs instead of living models hurts your late game model count a bit, but that's true for all Ressers.

To sum it up, I really feel like McMourning is our best "all comers" Leader to play right now. He has very few weaknesses and can offer support through nurses, and large amounts of damage through Expunge, along with movement shenanigans.

I love to pick up Line in the Sand, Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, and Assassinate with McMourning. Canine Remains are great scheme runners, plus his Evidence Tampering upgrade and Injection abilities are great for tossing down scheme markers without spending AP. I like Assassinate just because of the high amounts of damage you can do to a Leader when you focus a large amount of poison and drop expunge on a target.

His Moonlighting upgrade allows you to start gaining massive advantage against non summoning crews when you start killing with expunge too, as you can proceed to bring up Flesh Constructs who have a healthy amount of poison counters that beg to be transferred and exploded on as well.

As far as factions to play against, I've only really gotten to run against Arcanists and Guild so far. He does pretty well against both though Ramos can out activate you as the game continues on. Any faction that has constructs instead of living models hurts your late game model count a bit, but that's true for all Ressers.

To sum it up, I really feel like McMourning is our best "all comers" Leader to play right now. He has very few weaknesses and can offer support through nurses, and large amounts of damage through Expunge, along with movement shenanigans.

I played twice with McM and I love his "Poison Bomb" strategy.

But now I'd like to try something different.

I used only 50ss in my match and I'd like to reduce to 25 and 35 just for really fast ecounters (sometimes I don't have enough time to play 50).

What do you think is better to focus to do something like that?

I explain: In your opinion is better to avoid hire Sebastian and Chihuahua?

Are lot of points that i can use in Nurses and Constructs or Canine.

Expecially at 25ss.

Other question: how many Flesh Construct do you use? and how many Canine Remains?

Most of times I prefer to use Construct at the beginning of the game but never summoned a dog during my match. Usually i kill models with McM and summon a FC removing automatically the corpse marker.

Last question:

How many nurses do you use usually? I think that 2 is the minimum you need. What do you think?

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers!!!

I played twice with McM and I love his "Poison Bomb" strategy.

But now I'd like to try something different.

I used only 50ss in my match and I'd like to reduce to 25 and 35 just for really fast ecounters (sometimes I don't have enough time to play 50).

What do you think is better to focus to do something like that?

I explain: In your opinion is better to avoid hire Sebastian and Chihuahua?

Are lot of points that i can use in Nurses and Constructs or Canine.

Expecially at 25ss.

Other question: how many Flesh Construct do you use? and how many Canine Remains?

Most of times I prefer to use Construct at the beginning of the game but never summoned a dog during my match. Usually i kill models with McM and summon a FC removing automatically the corpse marker.

Last question:

How many nurses do you use usually? I think that 2 is the minimum you need. What do you think?

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers!!!

Hi, I played a game today against Lady J and found the game very hard indeed because of 'Restore Natural Order'. I have 2 questions:

1) Does Restore Natural Order effect Lady J?

2) Can anyone suggest a good way of beating Lady J's crew with McMourning?

Thanks in advance,

BB

Edited by birdbath

Hi, I played a game today against Lady J and found the game very hard indeed because of 'Restore Natural Order'. I have 2 questions:

1) Does Restore Natural Order effect Lady J?

2) Can anyone suggest a good way of beating Lady J's crew with McMourning?

Thanks in advance,

BB

Edited by birdbath

Lady J is pretty much geared towards munching Rezzers for breakfast. Your best bet is going to be out maneuvering her. Pick schemes that rely on movement and less on combat. Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, Line in the Sand. Lady J suffers from being completely melee based. Force her crew to spread out, take them down one at a time and keep her running across the board after you. Sometimes it will require throwing in a sacrificial player, so bring some dogs.

Lady J is pretty much geared towards munching Rezzers for breakfast. Your best bet is going to be out maneuvering her. Pick schemes that rely on movement and less on combat. Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, Line in the Sand. Lady J suffers from being completely melee based. Force her crew to spread out, take them down one at a time and keep her running across the board after you. Sometimes it will require throwing in a sacrificial player, so bring some dogs.

1) pulses dont effect the caster so she doesnt remove conditions from herself. So feel free to whisper at her all you want.

I played against lady j round one of a tourney yesterday, had great success in turn 2 just activating a nurse late in the turn after lady j was commited, then paralysing her, then turn 3 taking her down via combined arms. Although should note i was using killjoy and when combined with a nurse for 6 dmg weaks not much sticks around.

I have used 3 different tactics against Lady J: tarpit, paralyze and poison bomb. Flesh constructs, punk zombies, heck even a pile of dogs can tie her up for her activation. Her defense isn't stellar so you can usually keep her in place with them and use the zombie chihuahua+sebastion to get steady poison damage on her. If you are not trying to outright killer her, crooked men and nurses have readily accessible paralyze triggers to lock her down. The crooked man attack has the perk of targeting her lower defense, so it's a good use of a high crow. If you need to speed things up, there is always the rancid transplant/expunge sequence to take out a huge chunk of life without have to worry about margin of success. If you have a 12+ in hand there is no way she can avoid the attacks, even less if there are dogs near her. Plus you can do that from a distance, so as to keep McM out of her kill radius.

A fun trick if she, or anyone is low on life. The Plastic Surgery upgrade give all models in an aura 3 the undead trait. Roll up next to the model you want to damage and target a nearby friendly flesh construct or guild autopsy with rancid transplant. Give you guy a bunch of poison and do 1 damage to all the proximal undead, which now includes Lady J, or whoever is within 3" of both McM and the target model.

A fun trick if she, or anyone is low on life. The Plastic Surgery upgrade give all models in an aura 3 the undead trait. Roll up next to the model you want to damage and target a nearby friendly flesh construct or guild autopsy with rancid transplant. Give you guy a bunch of poison and do 1 damage to all the proximal undead, which now includes Lady J, or whoever is within 3" of both McM and the target model.

I will have to keep this in mind. I never thought about using Platic Surgery in this way.