noob question: aura

nickodem

Question

7 answers to this question

right, abyway the fog is still 5'' tall. It's important to me since one of my opponents usually plays ortegas.

Another question: seems that with the new cards fog is less powerful, because before, it could completely deny los, while now it only gives a - flip to the attacks?

Fenton is right, but only in M2E, where as the original question is related to V1.

In V1 yes, the fog is great for beign able to completely block line of sight to a large group of figures.

New fog is lower and less dense in that it only gives soft cover, never blocks line of sight. The Ortegas are more effected by cover now than before, so its not completly useless

Edited by Adran

right, abyway the fog is still 5'' tall. It's important to me since one of my opponents usually plays ortegas.

Another question: seems that with the new cards fog is less powerful, because before, it could completely deny los, while now it only gives a - flip to the attacks?

Not 5" tall, as Nico is only 2" tall.

I can't remember what the aura range currently is for Fog, in the beta it was only 4", so then you basically would cast a "tube" of fog that was 2" high and 9" (Nico's base plus the 4" radially outward) across, originating from and including Nico, and moving with him. Targeting any model in the "tube" or "cylander" of fog would give a negative twist to your flip.

If a model was height three, his or her head would be poking out the top of the fog, but since there is no "within/completely within" distinction any longer you still get the soft cover.

However, if Nico casts Fog on the ground level and a minion is 3" away but standing upon Height 2 terrain, the model would be standing "above the fog" and not get the soft cover.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Sorry for any confusion if you were asking about first edition