Tyrants and Neverborn, who's who and what's what? [Possible Spoiler Alert]

Brence

Hey Guys,

Having read book I and II and gathering some tibbits from multiple sources amongst which are the forums I am kinda fuzzy if I understand the entire Tyrant/Neverborn relationship so far.

They way I have interpreted the Neverborn thus far is that they are the original "Humanoid" populace of Malifaux (ofcourse human ignorance threw in stuff like the Gremlins and Critters under the monger of Neverborn also).

Further down the line I got the impression that the Neverborn where once "humans" which by merrit of their magical power (thank you Soulstones) have become so decadent and depraved that their actual forms twisted and minds shattered. Some of them even "ascending" to a sort of Demi-God status becoming the Tyrants.

Now the Neverborn (as in the people) try and prevent human colonisation as a way to "safe whats left" of their world as well as in a way protecting humanity Earthside from the Tyrants.

I could be completely off as I haven't read the books in a while. But I'm starting to pick them back up again. So any enlightenment where possible would be cool :D.