Love Malifaux: No People near me

shuadavis

Hello I have quite a few models and crews but I haven't played more than three games. I love this game and when I lived in LA there was a community. Now that I left that area and live near Portsmouth, NH in a tiny town called Eliot, there is no one around here to play malifaux with. I decided I'll stop sobbing about no one playing and introduce myself and hopefully find some other players. Well Hello and Wahoo MalifauxShuadavis

Edited by shuadavis

Welcome! Also of note, if you can't find some local players, you can always try to track someone down and get a game on VASSAL. It's quite easy to learn, free to download, and I'd be happy to get a game in with you if you'd like. There's also a whole subforum for it here.

Hallo there from the Boston area!

So I'm not sure what your travel options are as far as car or not but there's a pretty large community of Malifaux guys that meet at Myriad games in Manchester NH. Google says it's about 50 minutes away so depending on how you drive that's only 30-40. *happy* PeregrineFalcon is the local Henchman there and he's pretty active on the boards here and there as well. You should shoot him a PM and have him arrange a game for ya!

Also he and some of the other NH folks are coming down to the Boston area (Watertown) for what's shaping up to be a big tournament. I've posted the link below in case you're able to make it down for a day of mayhem.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?45963-Mali-Fest-2013-An-M2E-Tournament-%28Watertown-MA%29

Hello I have quite a few models and crews but I haven't played more than three games. I love this game and when I lived in LA there was a community. Now that I left that area and live near Portsmouth, NH in a tiny town called Eliot, there is no one around here to play malifaux with. I decided I'll stop sobbing about no one playing and introduce myself and hopefully find some other players. Well Hello and Wahoo MalifauxShuadavis

@shuadavis: Welcome to the area! Portsmouth, NH (Eliot, ME) is a great area. It's about 45min from Manchester. My wife and I frequently are out there to enjoy the park or hit up some of the food and shopping. As far as Malifaux games, I can tell you that you'll find quite a big group in the 1-2 hour radius. One of our friends comes out from Portsmouth on a pretty regular basis to Manchester, so its not a bad drive.

We technically have 3 Henchman in the Southern NH area, Fastenhate, Silas Cordell, and myself. Fastenhate has been doing a great job of getting our local guys who have kept an eye on Malifaux over the past 4+ years introduced to M2E. I've been helping brand new players come in from the area, and Silas coordinates a weekly group in Londonderry, NH. So there are options for getting games in. Feel free to PM any of the three of us. (Also, as Jonasty mentioned, his crew is in the Boston area, but that drive may be a little further considering your more local options).

Now for getting your fix ASAP, I recommend coming out on Tuesday next week to Myriad Games in Manchester, NH. If you're interested, you will be able to meet a large group of us. I know I'll be there, so at a minimum you'll have someone to play with. I usually arrive pretty early, to try and sneak an extra game in before the main crowd arrives. Otherwise, give Silas a quick PM and see about meeting with him at the Game Castle in Londonderry, NH. Not sure what their timeframes are.

In worst case, we can coordinate something on a non-Tuesday to try and get you your Malifaux fix, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the amount of Malifaux in the area.

Hallo there from the Boston area!

So I'm not sure what your travel options are as far as car or not but there's a pretty large community of Malifaux guys that meet at Myriad games in Manchester NH. Google says it's about 50 minutes away so depending on how you drive that's only 30-40. *happy* PeregrineFalcon is the local Henchman there and he's pretty active on the boards here and there as well. You should shoot him a PM and have him arrange a game for ya!

Also he and some of the other NH folks are coming down to the Boston area (Watertown) for what's shaping up to be a big tournament. I've posted the link below in case you're able to make it down for a day of mayhem.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?45963-Mali-Fest-2013-An-M2E-Tournament-%28Watertown-MA%29

As far as getting a larger introduction to the area and really meet the players in the entire New England region I HIGHLY recommend doing whatever you can to attend Jonasty's event on Oct. 5 (linked above). He has a really exciting 1-day event going on with all sorts of fun stuff. It is geared towards being the 'first of M2E' events in the area, so is going to be pretty casual. With that said, a large part of the more competitive guys are planning on attending. I believe Fastenhate will be there and he won the Masters at Adepticon this year, as well as The Godlyness may be there (winner of the last M1.5 Avatar at Gencon this year). Regardless, it's going to be a blast and a great way to get 3 M2E games in. So give his link a read and really consider pre-regging so he has a good estimate on numbers!

@Jonasty - Thanks for pointing me to this, much appreciated bud!

Wow thank you so much. I never knew there was a community around me at all. Unfourtunately, I had to sell my car before going off to college and this I do not have a car to get to these places. I would love to go next Tuesday but I will need to figure something out. Boston I am in that area sometimes for auditions but I take C&J bus to south station then the T. So glad this area has a malifaux community and shares the love of the game that I have. I don't want to be overwhelmed by competitiveness yet as I am rather new that is a fear I have but this community seems great. As for the October 5th event I will be trying to find a way to do that this month and definitely want to go.

Boston I am in that area sometimes for auditions but I take C&J bus to south station then the T. As for the October 5th event I will be trying to find a way to do that this month and definitely want to go.

Obviously on any kind of regular basis it would be a huge pain and out of the question. But as a one time thing for a tourney/event like on the 5th there is a public T bus stop (the #70 bus) that has a main stop right around the corner from the building. Just thought I'd let you know. Also a lot of folks will end up carpooling at times too, not sure if that will be an option this time or not but the community around here is really open. Either way, glad to have someone new in the area!

Wow thank you so much. I never knew there was a community around me at all. Unfourtunately, I had to sell my car before going off to college and this I do not have a car to get to these places. I would love to go next Tuesday but I will need to figure something out. Boston I am in that area sometimes for auditions but I take C&J bus to south station then the T. So glad this area has a malifaux community and shares the love of the game that I have. I don't want to be overwhelmed by competitiveness yet as I am rather new that is a fear I have but this community seems great. As for the October 5th event I will be trying to find a way to do that this month and definitely want to go.

There is also a bus stop in Manchester, not sure if it goes from Portsmouth to Manchester. Also, zip car (http://www.zipcar.com/unh?zipfleet_id=223796425)

Either way, if you want to get a game in and need someone to take the drive out for a game, I'd be willing to do it some night. Most likely Tuesdays work for me as they are my usual "out of the house" night.