EBO Questions

I guess this is the best place for this.

I'm planning on playing my first few games of EBO, and so ran through the rules and even a couple of games by myself.

The rules seem straight forward enough, but there are some confusing elements.

Particularly with toys. It says that usually you can only play and discard them in the activity step, but then right below mentions discarding them in the supervise step. The reference card says bad toys can be discarded in your activity step and good toys in your supervise. So when do you discard them?

What do you do with Time Machines. Do you need to play them in your activity step, placing them below your babies. I'm guessing you don't need to discard them, right?

Oh, and does the player's hand count as their orphanage, such as when a grabby takes a toy, and there are none in a player's orphanage, but some in their hand?

And I've counted all the cards from the game and two expansions. What ratio of toys, nanny cards and babies would you recommend?

I think I know the answers to all this, but it did seem worth making sure.

We have an FAQ up here: http://evilbabyorphanage.com/

There are also a few changes from the first print run (small box) to second (large box) so if you have the smaller one, check out that section.

Also a few video play throughs.

But: bad toys are used (and discarded) during the activity step, and good toys in the supervise step. Time machines are not discarded, and your hand does not count as your orphanage.

:)