The Arcane Path

Necris

So today I purchases my first crew and opted for Mei Feng and her rail crew as I really like the steampunk feel of her minions, I wasn't a fan of her exploding box so I'd have to think of some other way of mounting her on a base.

I've recently purchased a toy train set for using to make a gaming table and the track is wonderful and scaled really well for Malifaux as well as other ranges, as so my base ideas started to form and the bases took shape to represent the crew working on the rail lines.

DSCF5108_zpsf6e4e271.jpg

They still need some work but I got excited and stuck the crew together and onto the bases which is fine as all the work needed can be done around the models.

DSCF5109_zps5a07342b.jpg

And a few more close up shots first one showing Mei Feng herself, I balanced her on the rail itself representing her rail walker ability and because it looked cool almost like she's balanced on the track aft performing some acrobatic stunt.

DSCF5110_zps90a15d38.jpg

DSCF5111_zps00549021.jpg

DSCF5112_zps2d42af70.jpg

I got two sets from Poundstretcher Uk is Burnley they cost 5.99 each came with a train coal cart, box carriage and open carriage, and 8 sections of track. I'll get some pictures to show you the full set.

On the box there is the name Telitoy

So an update today I picked up the thunders box today with notion of adding some Torakage super sneaky ninja types to me crew but am slightly stuck now as I want to be able to move them between my two crews now so do I use a single train line style basing or something else?

If something else what do people suggest?

One thing I do in those instances is try to create some kind of transitional feature for the base that can be incorporated into other bases that will then tie them in without needing a full new base. As an example, for my Pandora crew they're based on "trenches" themed bases with some fall colored leaves scattered over it. In my Dark Debts crew I have Mr. Tannen (a Woe) that is based on a wooden dock setup like my other Jacob Lynch minis. For Tannen's base though, I've put a few small fall leaves on it so it has that same element in it when I use him with Pandora to fit with the other woes.

So for the Torakage, say you're using zen garden style bases. Maybe try to do a couple of small rail ties that are scattered on the base or some other train themed element that at least alludes to the others.