quick question about Kaeris card

kross1

Question

I have just started playing Malifaux & have only 2 games played both w/Kaeris. Prior to the game I was told that that Kaeris doesn't have a 6:tomes:tomes on her CB, & but a 6 :tomes, which makes sense because of on her triggers there is one one light & one boldfaced :tomes, denoting one as already possessed. We went & played it as that, & i came away w/a 1-1 record. (Hooked, bought 2 more crews from different factions( So I can decide on a faction, but mostly to play w/my kids & try to hook my unsuspecting friends! ;P). The thing is I went through all three of the faq's & couldn't find anything that states that. I am fine w/her only having one, but at the same time I don't want to be not using a potentially useful ability or having to cheat in cards that I would rather keep in my hand!

So if somebody can help a fella out?

Kross

Edited by kross1

4 answers to this question

Her card is pretty recent, and there's nothing on the model errata pages about her triggers, so I'd say she's meant to have the second tome. It seems to be her main way of spreading burning counters, so it makes sense for her to have an automatic second shot, then have to work for subsequent triggers (since she loses -1:tomes each time the trigger goes off).

Agreed. Her Cb has 2 tomes and there has been no errata to suggest otherwise.

The grey+black tomes on the trigger could be an error in formatting (no big deal really...) or it could simply be a reminder that she may not have all the suits she needs once she starts taking the -1:tomes penalties.

She's meant to have the 6:tomes:tomes. That's because of her trigger, Turn It Up. The first time it triggers, it's basically free (provided you actually deal damage), and the next attack via the trigger is at 5:tomes. If you flip a tome and are successful, you make a 3rd attack at 4 (no :tomes).

At worst, the second tome being unshaded in the trigger is a typo. Your Cb stat still has two :tomes: in it.