Crooligans with Hamelin

Boshea

Not sure if this should be posted in Ressers or Outcasts. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on running Crooligans in a Hamelin crew. They look like they could help the Rats hit WP hard to make Hamelin's tests harder to pass, but the special forces limit may hold them back. Is there any benefit to running Crooligans, or are the best used as Stolen to get some model variety.

The main issue I find with Crooligan is not as some people say that their bad, they really are not, their damage is not awful due to other additional effects,and they are fast. The main issue is they hit critical mass when you have 3 or more on the board. Most crews can't do this as they are SF, outside of Nicodem (he can summon extra in after the game starts) and crews with Molly. I would probably look at Terror Tots for this role.

Even better than Tots wouldn't Night Terrors be the way to go for Objective seeking models that can function outside of the PE (post errata) Hamelin?

I too wanted Crooligans in my Hamelin crew... too bad the Errata didn't include some type of Limitation lifting rule for Horrors or something, because that would have been sweet and make some sense, that Hamllin the Plagues could make use of Horrors...

I was looking at them more for their Creepy abilities, and providing cover to your crew with Fog. The problem with Fog is you need a fairly high card every turn to cast it in a crew that doesn't draw a new hand every turn.

The problem with terrors versus tots, is you need multiple terrors to make them fast. The Tot can cover the table very quickly with a pair of 5+ masks, and is a decent little melee model. Putting points into terrors will make them faster, but they don't do much other than grab objectives and its points not being spent on Rats/Stolen.