Let's Make Terrain...How I built and Aethric Condenser or a Simple Arcane Apparatus.

rancor709

This was one of those Dollar store days, you know the days when you go to the dollar store because well, your bored and may, just maybe you too can be inspired. Well the dollar store helped but I actually got the genesis for this idea from youtuber Terrainaholic. He has great looking terrain and awesome ideas, that actually inspired this build. Okay okay enough talking what do I need.

Raw Materials

Swirling style Christmas Ornament it looks a bit like a futurestic windmill.

Block of Foam circular around 3 inches in diamiater.

Hot Glue and some craft paints-Don't waist your minature paint.

My local dollar store has florist foam in a two pack for a dollar in this exact size they also had the ornaments for a dollar. So I bought a Pack of Foam and some of the ornements.

These are what the raw materials looked like. Not the ornement has been primed

post-3392-1391192642707_thumb.jpg

Okay heres the Tricky Part, I used water down craft paint to paint my piece of foam. I went with a stone color to mimic stone. I allowed to dry.

Prime the Ornament

Okay once both have dried

Glue the Ornament to the center of the foam circle so that it is vertical. This gives you a lovely wind mill looking effect.

post-3392-13911926427946_thumb.jpg

Now I had some left over bits from a 40k vehicle so I attached it to look like a control panel on the front of the devise.

Next Beings this devise is likely ancient, I decided it needed some large Runic Symbols all around it. To make these I simply took a par of scissors, you could use a knife and just carved some symbols all along it. Google can be a great source of runic languages to inspire you if your not the creative type.

After I carved them out, I simply applied some Yellow painted to the carved areas to give the glowing effect.

post-3392-13911926428602_thumb.jpg

Next I did a quick dry brush of some light blue along my grey primed ornament. You could do what ever color you like.

I then Used my hot Glue Gun to make 3 small soulstones or gems at the top of the device. this is very easy simply pull the trigger to you reach the desired ball size and move the gun away being sure get rid of any hairs. I allowed the beads to dry and then painted with the same yellow I did the runic characters with.

post-3392-13911926429245_thumb.jpg This is a pic of the completed piece, Simple easy and usable in multiple systems.

Aetheric Condenser rules: Aetheric Condensers were recently rediscovered by the brilliant Victor Ramos. These machines appear to have been used commonly in malifaux prior to the discover of Soulstones. These machines have the ability to draw magical energies from the very aether itself and amplify those energies exponentially. However while Ramos has been able to translate some of the texts referencing these machines how exactly to control them is still a mater of chance.

An Aetheric condenser is a Arcane apparatus with the following special rules.

Starting after the last model in turn one has activated the player to have activated last will flip a card from there fate deck. The suit of card determines the special rule in effect. The following Special rules are in effect for the aetheric condenser until the next turn where the last player to activate will flip a card or iuntil a master takes a (1) action interact with the devise.

::crows: 6in :aura from the condenser all models while inside this aura gain the Slow to die special rule additionally models in this aura are slowed, but are immune to Paralyze

:rams: 6in:aura from the condenser all models while inside the aura gain +:rams to there cb and gain trigger: Critical Strike. Models inside this aura may not make :rangedranged strikes but may not be targeted by :ranged ranged strikes.

:masks: 6in:aura from the condenser Models inside the aura receive +2cb additionally models receive -2df while within the aura.

:tomes: 6in :aura from the condenser models inside the aura receive +2ca, additionally models receive -2wp while within the aura.

Black Joker: 6in:aura from the condenser models inside the aura may not use Soulstones or cheat fate while within the aura. Additionally models moving into, out of, and through the aura treat it as Hazardous 2 ignoring armor.

Red Joker: 6in:aura from the condenser models inside the aura Receive fast and hard to kill while with in the aura. Additionally all models receive :+fate:+fate to attack and resist flips made while within the aura.