Gremlin heavy Zoraida crew?

*Jack*

Hi all, (Or Y'all if we're going down that route.)

I'm currently painting up a swampy zoraida crew, traditional with juju, silurids etc. But, I just picked up some gremlins to paint, and I'm wondering...

How much feasability is there for a Gremlin heavy Zoraida crew? She can hire:

- Bayou gremlins,

- Ophelia, francois, raphael, rami, and pere ravage.

- Bert, wong, gracie, all the pigs, all the pig helpers, lenny,

- NOT slop hauler, stuffed piglets, pigapult.

She is paying a +1ss premium on these, potentially denying the hoarde aspect of gremlins. Never the less, I think 3ss for a bayou G isnt a particularly bad deal, considering their ranged attack, deliverance, reckless and the fact they're significant.

Taking ophelia really would improve the gremlins, she's 9ss and would be a great obey target. She is however, quite expensive, and I was planning to fit jack daw in for some great obey and card shenanigans.

Taking Kin would stop me hiring dolls, but not summoning them (Y). I think rami's 7ss can be justified, but not so sure about pere ravage (Have to hire a nurse), francois or raphael. I think in most cases, I'd (personally, based on taste and not competitiveness) prefer 2 bayou gremlins instead.

Pigs are out for me, Not a fan of the playstyle without somer and they're a bit boring to paint. Could try bert, gracie and wong later on I suppose.

Aside from that, any minions that dramatically improve the playstyle of gremlins? Are gremlins able to be played with a 1ss handicap, in exchange for a wad of SS and zoraidas obey, card, and poison shenanigans?

I'm currently painting up a swampy zoraida crew, traditional with juju, silurids etc. But, I just picked up some gremlins to paint, and I'm wondering...

How much feasability is there for a Gremlin heavy Zoraida crew? She can hire:

- Bayou gremlins,

- Ophelia, francois, raphael, rami, and pere ravage.

- Bert, wong, gracie, all the pigs, all the pig helpers, lenny,

- NOT slop hauler, stuffed piglets, pigapult.

She is paying a +1ss premium on these, potentially denying the hoarde aspect of gremlins. Never the less, I think 3ss for a bayou G isnt a particularly bad deal, considering their ranged attack, deliverance, reckless and the fact they're significant.

Most gremlins are not worth the additional soulstone tax Zoraida incurs. If going gremlins out of faction then the kin are the surest bet due to self sufficiency and overall durability.

Taking ophelia really would improve the gremlins, she's 9ss and would be a great obey target. She is however, quite expensive, and I was planning to fit jack daw in for some great obey and card shenanigans.

This is going to be a very expensive combo meaning you will be out activated by almost every crew out there. It can work but it is an all your eggs in one basket type of strategy.

Taking Kin would stop me hiring dolls, but not summoning them (Y). I think rami's 7ss can be justified, but not so sure about pere ravage (Have to hire a nurse), francois or raphael. I think in most cases, I'd (personally, based on taste and not competitiveness) prefer 2 bayou gremlins instead.

Pigs are out for me, Not a fan of the playstyle without somer and they're a bit boring to paint. Could try bert, gracie and wong later on I suppose.

If going with Ophelia I would probably hire the 2 Bayou Gremlins as she can buff them. Pere Ravage will be hampered a bit without access to the Pigapult (Ophelia will be a bit as well).

With Zoraida a Pig list is difficult to run because of the lack of controlers (aside from the Hog Whisperer) and there increased cost.

Aside from that, any minions that dramatically improve the playstyle of gremlins? Are gremlins able to be played with a 1ss handicap, in exchange for a wad of SS and zoraidas obey, card, and poison shenanigans?

I have found that gremlins lose a lot of luster outside of Gremlin lists because of the loss of so much crew synergy.

Edited by Omenbringer

Zoraida and Von Schill is lethal- he's just a super soldier, but in many ways Zoraida and Ophelia are even better...I don't know about an entire crew with Gremlins in but I have taken Zoraida, Ophelia and the widow weaver with a primordial magic attached to Ophelia. with her dumb luck trigger she is just amazing- reckless, use soulstones and x2 potential obeys is a whole lot of hurt. I've thrown Hamelin in at 35ss for the extra obey but my favourite way to run ophelia is with Jack Daw, the widow weaver, Zoraida and either x2 terror tots or tuco. Makes for a superb all round crew. Tuco/tots objective run, Zoraida and the weaver make dolls while Jack and Ophelia double team my opponent.

Its not feasible to do an all Gremlin crew but Ophelia works really well with her and I have has some successes with francois, rami and raphael. Burt jacobson and his pig work well too. I would use these models with Zoraida over standard Gremlins- as they are better and more expensive minions you pay the extra ss premium less often!