Last day and thank you!

Justin

Hey all,

We're coming to a close on this playtest. You all have been extremely helpful and we have made a number of changes based on your suggestions. Particularly, we have added some really cool combos which you can do with upgrades and I personally can't wait to see how all of you like them when the game comes out!

Thank you for all of the help with this great project. Expect this forum to disappear sometime in the next 24 hours, so if you have any last minute feedback, now is the time!

Edited by Justin

Does this mean the new puppet wars is nearly here!?!?!??!?!

Can't wait.

Anyway, I played "traditional" puppet wars yesterday, and it reminded me of a few things.

Admittedly we were playing over skype, but still, old style puppet wars seems to play out quite a bit slower then unstitched (unstitched moves along at a good pace I think). That might be because the puppets are more complex, so take a bit more thinking, or it might just be the way we were playing, but either way, I think a fast pace is a very good thing.

The "instant attachment" thing when puppets die is great.

I like the general reduction in activation costs (so ace-2-3 are more useful).

I like the masters' auras.

As a little added extra, I really like thepandadirector's (I think it was him) suggestion of reducing wounds all round so that games of more puppets are easier (and so there's more destruction all round). I haven't actually tested it, but it seems like a generally good move.

Anyway, that's all I've got at the moment. Thanks to wyrd for allowing us backstage as it were. I'm excited to see what the result is (and to get those awesome plastic puppets).

P.S. I like the sound of cool combos.... everyone likes cool combos..... let's have more cool combos!

As long as the "cool combos" aren't along the lines of Lady Justice and the Guild Austringers. This particular combo has a very strong possibility of becoming a very negative play experience in my opinion (especially if a player can field multiples of them).

At least I can continue to play the original version which I much prefer to the newer rules.