Iron Quill: In the Dark of the Knight Winner!

edonil

Thanks everyone who participated, you all did amazing work, give yourself a round of applause! Lots of ingenious uses of the ingredients, and some great work with established characters too. No announcements this time (beyond the obvious), but, as always, send any comments and critiques my way about the contest.

Now onto the reason you're all here. As before, I have the votes saved, if you would like to know your specific score, just send me a PM. Here's the top three:

Most Improved: Mister Monkey

Second Runner-Up: Ender101, Behind the Mask

First Runner-up: El Indio, Masquerade

And our winner of the Round...

chromiumboy, Rebecca!

Congrats to all of you, and to everyone else. :) Looking forward to more stories as time goes on!

I want to especially all of you who took the time to give feedback to all of your fellow authors, it's a wonderful thing watching as the organizer of this.

Alright, and now for the second burning question you guys are waiting for...when does the next round start? The next round of submissions is going to begin on Monday, November 12, 2012. The Mystery Ingredients and rules are going to be announced on Friday, November 9, 2012. Looking forward to seeing you all again, along with anyone new!

And to break up the format, we're gonna wrap this all up with the video that inspired the title of the round...

Congratulations Chromium and El Indio! I very much enjoyed both of your stories, and indeed thought all of the stories that were submitted were wonderful and creative glimpses into a dark place that we all know and love.

Well done on most improved Mister Monkey, keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

And thank you to everyone who voted for my story. I had a lot of fun with this round and I'll definitely be coming back for the next Iron Quill.