Pride's Pride and Joy!

Pride365

I only glanced over the post, but I agree with WookieeGunner. I don't think you should ever feel disheartened or a poor painter EVER. You should never look at another painter and compare yourself to them. I think your figures are fine, they are perfect, especially if YOU think they are perfect. I reread my fig thread and saw your post on how you wished your figures were as good. They thing is, they ARE. When I started (and for years after) I hadn't even touched on the level that you have gotten to. And the throught of adding glitter for effect is brilliant. I wouldn't have tried actual glitter(like I said, I cheated, I used premixed stuff.)

The best advice I can always give (and honestly, I don't think I'm that great of a painter) is that the best way to become a better painter is to take pride in the pieces that YOU do with YOUR hands. It may only be a hobby its not a race, nor is it a contest. I know I'm reiterating what Wookie said, but it is true--there are award winning people who use techniques not everyone agrees with and you don't have to use them either.

I remember once telling someone at a game shop (when I was 16-17) actually scoff at me and degrade one of my pieces when I said that I used craft paints. The man was over 45, and thought he was teaching me a valuable lesson by telling me that I would never improve if I used cheap paints, and I ended up actually not painting for a year after that. I got over it, but it took a lot to realize that no matter what tools I used, how much time I took, or how crappy my fig looked--It was MINE and I did it how I wanted to.

Alright, stepping down of my soap box. BE proud of what you do, we are proud of you.

(And don't take me saying this as complete denial of improvement, we all can improve, it just depends on if we feel it benefits us at all.)

TL:DR...Just a longer version of what Wookie said. Prolly repeated myself alot and you can delete if it doesn't help. ^_^

Thank you very much! This was an awesome post! My friend has helped me find some stuff that should seal a model and add a glitter effect as well so I am going to try that out on some new tots.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic