Panda's Basic Feedback

Wanted to post my feedback to what currently is, based on what I've curreently done.

So I've played a number of games, mostly Justice versus Seamus, and have used every Puppet at least once.

I will expand on these points later on, likely in seperate threads, but for now:

Rules

• Drawing AC into your hand - Been using this version for so long I don't see there being any other way.
  • Getting rid of the Blocking Rule - It slowed the game down far too much and created pile ups.
  • Making Upgrades easier to attach - Upgrades rarely saw much use before, because of the situational method of attaching them. Now it's a lot easier and makes way for actually using them in a strategic manner.
  • Movement doesn't Exhaust - I like that this, along with the removal of Blocking, really makes the game more fluid and flexible.
  • WPBYH - never used it in the field before, now I do.

Dislikes

• Aces - Surprise! Not a big fan of double suits and it seems like there's less reason for it than before. Only reason my version ends with a double suit is because that's how the rule goes.
  • Loss of Puppet idenity - will expand later
  • Workbenches - They seem to have less utility now and, with the change to Upgrades, no longer reflect their namesake.

Puppets

Masters

I rather like the change to Masters. Quite a lot of their actions were hard to set up right; now they just need to be in the right place at the right time. I agree that they seem to have less of an active presence, and don't seem as good as some Sidekicks.

• Lady Justice - Prefer a lot more than the old Justice, simpler and equally effective.
  • Seamus - change Scary Face to Evil Eyes (why not). Always liked Hide and Seek (very Seamus), but Scary Face (Evil Eyes) is very Crow, but not very Seamus.
  • Pokey Viktoria - Far less cluttered, but on the fence with Catch!

Sidekicks

Overall Sidekicks haven't changed dramatically, and have generally improved. Misaki needs tweaking and Alyce might be overpowered.

Pawns

• Austringer is an improvement
  • Executioner is better
  • Rename Nurse's Bath Time, A Stitch in Time...
  • Convict Gunsinger shouldn't have Ranged 2 or Viktoria shouldn't have Catch! I side with the former.
  • Cherub - Better, but not better.
  • Silurid - Better, though maybe slightly overcosted
  • Rattler - Better, if a little bland.
  • December Acolyte - Worse; though I love Hunting, I'm no longer sure it belongs in Tomes.

As for the issue with Rotten Belle and Ronin, I can see how they're all balanced, but agree that they should have an ability/action. This ties to Puppet identity, and I think every single Puppet should be unique outside of stats (stats can be the same). It's the same reason I want Convict Gunslinger to lose Ranged 2, or at least replace it with something different.

Suits

I think that generally suits are fine - Rams are combat, Crows resilient, Masks mobile, etc - but Tomes and Suitless seem the wrong way round. Tomes should be all about Upgrades, while Suitless should be, imo, about the cards (the suit of luck). Therefore the effect of Hunting and Numb should be applied to Suitless, while things like Dissassemble and Janky Fashion Sense, should be applied more to Tomes (Alyce is a Tomes as it gets unfortunately, but then Misaki is pretty Masks too).

Overall, happy with the changes, but I think that the core risk the game faces is losing its special sense of idenity and character.

More feedback to come...