underdogs journey of the brush

underdog6750

Unfortunately you cant use pva glue. It dries cloudy. For these bases i used woodlands scenics realistic watereffect. Its about £17 for a big bottle. I doubt i could ever get through all of it. Its a bit of a long drying time with some of the bases as they were cut out and filled to give a deeper water. But i. Really pleased with the results and would highly recommend it.

GW also do some but its more expensive and have never seen the results. Ive used epoxy resin for smaller effects and ice etc although this is really messy having to mix it etc and a pain to get the right consistancey.

Hope this is of some help? Anything else you would loke to know please ask :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been neglecting this plog for a while. Been more focused on gaming with the recent tournament at vapnartak in york at the begging of the month.

Hobbying wise ive just drilled my hoff crew ready to pin and realised ive no f***in glue left lol. Guild wise ive also painted the guard captain and another guardsman. Ill be retaking photos of all my minis tomorow and reposting them with a decent light box instead of the usual white sheet o' paper lol.

Ressur wise ill not be adding to them for the next couple of months as i have a back log of guild stuff to paint and a ln escelation league running thanks to guildmonkee. So ill be using lucius and possibly hoff for that. Im aiming to be in another tournament next month which i plan on using guild for this :)

@ viruk Thanks i was trying to go for the look of her walking on water like the insidious madness. I was especially pleased with how the robe turned out.

@ decoyfate. Thanks i ended up 9th. Was my first ever competition for a wargame. Had a great time and met some awsome guys.

I

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Oh i finally got some really nice photos in a light box with a really good quality ca.era and left my laptop round guildmonkees so next time at his ill post the pictures of my models and latest additions :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much. I was considering getting a bit of a nipple slip in there but thought that may be offensive to some gamers lol :P

The bases were a pain in the behind. I glued coffee stirrers onto a bit of paper and then cut them out. I like how they turned out looking quite natural though and the rugs on some of the bases are my first ever attempt at using green stuff lol

having looked at the pics, I'm now even happier that I won the Soulstone Train Logo competition :)

I will definitely asked for my crew box to be painted please! :)

now - as for the box, I think I'll have to mull that over a little - but I do have a question: If I also pay for some extra models to go with the crew box, could you paint those for me too at your usual rates?

ta,

Joel