New Player Question about McMourning

Cygnus

No, not really. It's nice to take one to start just to kill and get some body parts, but not necessary by any means. You can take a Desperate Merc @ 3 stones, Night Terrors @ 3 stones. I like Necropunks for some things, mainly objective stuff, they're 3ea. Dogs are really handy just as sacrificial models that can hit kinda hard, especially if they gang up. They're also great because they're only 2 stones. Are you just against the models themselves or the cards/skills? If you just hate the models, buy the cards and find some proxies.

My comments was about the looks of the model. I was thinking of using Guild hounds or Vampire count hounds as proxies. I like the guild autopsies as well. Are they effective with Mcmouring. Ideally I want to get avatar Mcmouring because I just love that model. I was hoping to get some info about models that work well to help him manifest

I like the guild autopsies as well. Are they effective with Mcmouring. Ideally I want to get avatar Mcmouring because I just love that model. I was hoping to get some info about models that work well to help him manifest

I'll let someone chime in on Guild Autopsies, but I think they could find a place in a McM crew. They dont drop a corpse but they have some other cool abilities.

Avatar McMourning is so freaking good. He kills just about whatever is in from of him (assuming McM and Sim 29 are very close to each other. McM really does the "manifesting" himself as in he needs 5 bodyparts from enemy models and to have killed a model who is under the affects of his rancid transplant spell. In terms of models that help him manifest, I'd go with Belles. They can lure your targets close to McM so he doesn,t have to be in harms way all the time. Once he gets his requirements, manifest that mofo and go to town.

In light of the OP, No. McM does not need canine remains to be affective. Generally, the only canine i've grown accustom to is the zombie chihuahua. It's 1ss, it buys a turn 1 activation and all it does is sacs itself to give McM 2 body parts from the get go (plus any bodyparts he chose from his ss cache.) Best way to get McM moving right out of he gate is to have an 8 cache, trade 1 ss for a bodypart, then have the zombie chihuahua give you two more.

Autopsies are a tricky beast, you cant gain anything form them when they die and they have virtually no staying power. You end up paying a premium for a ranged weapon choice. They are a good summon in via Rafkin and are cheap significant models. Modelwise they are gorgeous (as much as a corpse can be)