Expanding Collection to Guild

JustAnotherDummy

I have long had the goal to have one master for each faction. Right now I have Arcanists (Colette), Resurrectionists (Kirai) and Neverborn (Collodi) covered. That leaves me in search of a Guild master to collect.

To be honest, Guild is my least favorite faction. I'm not overly enthused about the all-ranged approach they seem to have, but two masters have caught my eye: Lucas and Lucius. And right now it's a dead heat between them. The one advantage that Lucas has over Lucius (also helping satisfy my need for a Ten Thunders master) is tempered by Lucius' advantage over him (one REALLY cool sculpt that I'd love to paint).

Given my predilections of playstyle in my current masters, which do you think I would enjoy playing with the most?

you could go with C. Hoffman, his tin soldiers are not ranged and there is a very cool movement trick you can do with him by hiring a watcher and 2 performer/mannequins. then he copys there link ability and they all follow the flying move 7 bird. if you do get him get a mobile toolkit for a totem its much better then his mechanical attendant IMO. the MTK also has a built in version of link so it will follow the hoff circle for a very nice deathstar pulse when you land.

I actually ruled out C. Hoffman because Collodi and Colette already deal with Constructs and I don't want to beat that particular dead horse. I'd like to branch out to something different. But good thought on the tie-in with my other crews.

Another aspect that my other crews have in common is a higher than normal learning curve to succeed with them. As I know little of Lucius or Lucas' playstyles, I really don't know which will provide the more rewarding victory by virtue of requiring more finesse to pull that victory off.

I agree, Guild is also my least favorite faction. However, I went ahead and painted up the Lady Justice box set because those are some bad ass miniatures! I loved modeling the bases for the Death Marshals and painting Lady Justice was just about the most fun I've ever had painting a miniature.

As for the two you mentioned: just do both... Lucius is a henchman. So get a Lucas crew and just add Lucius to it, taking him as a 10ss model.

Disclaimer: I love Guild in all of its forms. McCabe is very different from most Guild, in that he moves around a lot and he can bring things that focus more on fighting in close.

Considering your predilection for fast moving crews I'd say McCabe is your guy.....of course, no one has any idea when he is coming out.

McCabe himself is very fast. He likes Guild Hounds which are very fast. The Wastrels are perfect for him and they can be pretty fast with their 'Secret Passages' ability. The Pathfinder and Clockwork Traps are also nice with him and they can be deployed up the board....which is fast in a sense....although the Pathfinder isn't too fast after that...the Traps however can be pretty quick since their 'Clamp Down' as a (0) action with a 2" reach....on top of their 2 walk actions.