Rochester, NY - Handicap League - October at Millennium

Bruglyother

You think you are that good huh?! Good enough to spot some stones? Good enough to give your opponent an edge? Well, come on out and prove it. Millennium Games will be hosting a Handicap League for the Month of October. (Details below). Come prove your worth! Any questions may be directed to me here, or through the Western NY Facebook Page found in my signature.

Malifaux Handicap League

Entry Fee is $15

Start October 3rd

Ends November 7th

At least one game per week must be played at Millennium Games. Minimum 1 game per week, but no more than 3 games per week. Do not duplicate an opponent in a week.

5 weeks

Games are scrap level anywhere from 30-45 stones. (Before handicaps)

Schemes may not be duplicated within a week.

Handicap is calculated by taking your cumulative differential and dividing by 2. Your handicap will alter your soulstones for games. (Ex. Your Differential is +8. Your handicap is 4, so you lose 4 stones in your games for that week. -8 Differential would be -4 handicap, giving you 4 bonus stones in games for that week.) Handicap is calculated at the end of each week, and will be in effect for the following week. Therefore, all game results must be received by me before midnight Tuesday each week. Games may be reported either in person, or through the Western NY Facebook page.

The difference in handicap will also alter games as follows:

Difference of 5: Lower player may choose a special terrain feature or event.

Difference of 10: Lower player also receives a + to their flip for Strategy

Difference of 20: Lower player receives an additional + to their flip for Strategy

Winner is the player with the greatest differential at the end. Tie breaker is the player with the most games. Second Tie Breaker will be win/loss record.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah. The first week, everyone was at 0. After that, I simply recalculated the handicaps each week. The handicap was their cumulative differential divided by -2. Our top player got out to an early lead and then simply tried to stem the bleeding by giving up as few points as possible. When I have some time, I'll be tweaking it a bit as we did find some things to be an issue. Certain strategies actually favor the the player with less stones. The basic idea behind this is to really challenge our top players while giving our weaker players a good time and a fighting chance. On the whole, it worked well.