Kirai & Von Schill

rsteelrose

I am going to a tourney this weekend and wanted some feedback on taking Kirai with Von Schill. Its only 25ss so my list will basically be:

Kirai Ankoku -- 6 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

Von Schill [10ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

The idea is, first turn, Lost Love turning Von Schill into a spirit who is then healed by kirai making him even harder to kill.

I played Kirai & Von Schill a few times and he is obviously very strong. I once even managed to make him a spirit, but remember that there are only 4 cards in the deck that can make it happen, so don't count on getting those cards in your hand turn 1. Also, I play Kirai aggressively and I need the soulstones for her, not for him, but that is my own playstyle.

So, in my opinion, he is a strong addition to the crew, depending on the strategy you get, but I would not consider him an auto include. If the tournament you are playing is not fixed list, have Jack Daw, Dat sue bah, drowned, and other spirits handy to switch in, based on the strategy.

No Datsue Ba? You seem to be hamstringing your summoning abilities IMO

Yeah, just was curious to see what had been done as I didn't have time to play test it.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I played Kirai & Von Schill a few times and he is obviously very strong. I once even managed to make him a spirit, but remember that there are only 4 cards in the deck that can make it happen, so don't count on getting those cards in your hand turn 1. Also, I play Kirai aggressively and I need the soulstones for her, not for him, but that is my own playstyle.

So, in my opinion, he is a strong addition to the crew, depending on the strategy you get, but I would not consider him an auto include. If the tournament you are playing is not fixed list, have Jack Daw, Dat sue bah, drowned, and other spirits handy to switch in, based on the strategy.

Right now my crew is set at:

Kirai Ankoku -- 5 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Datsue-Ba [7ss]

The Drowned [4ss]

Right now my crew is set at:

Kirai Ankoku -- 5 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Datsue-Ba [7ss]

The Drowned [4ss]

Since you are going for competitive play, at 25ss I would start with something like the following and adjust based on strategy:

Kirai Ankoku -- 7 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Desperate Merc [2ss]

Datsue-Ba [7ss]

Night Terror [3ss]

Night Terror [3ss]

The Desp Merc is useful because turn 1, after you activate Kirai and summon Ikyrio, you activate datsue bah, kill the desp merc with his spell, getting a seishim, a gaki, a corpse counter that the gaki picks up immediately and gives kirai a healing flip.

The night terrors are great for objective grabbing, but if necessary can be used as cannon fodder to evolve spirit.

If you are playing a strategy like the supply wagon, then you bring in Von Schill as he is awesome at protecting the Wagon. If you are playing contain power, then you really want Jack Daw (unless you are playing against Colette or Leveticus).

You get the idea... :)

Since you are going for competitive play, at 25ss I would start with something like the following and adjust based on strategy:

Kirai Ankoku -- 7 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Desperate Merc [2ss]

Datsue-Ba [7ss]

Night Terror [3ss]

Night Terror [3ss]

The Desp Merc is useful because turn 1, after you activate Kirai and summon Ikyrio, you activate datsue bah, kill the desp merc with his spell, getting a seishim, a gaki, a corpse counter that the gaki picks up immediately and gives kirai a healing flip.

The night terrors are great for objective grabbing, but if necessary can be used as cannon fodder to evolve spirit.

If you are playing a strategy like the supply wagon, then you bring in Von Schill as he is awesome at protecting the Wagon. If you are playing contain power, then you really want Jack Daw (unless you are playing against Colette or Leveticus).

You get the idea... :)

It is fixed crew, so i'm stuck playing whatever i plan, I haven't picked up any night terrors or desperate merc yet, NT's are some of my next planned purchases. Would it be better to take a canine remains instead of the desp merc?

It is fixed crew, so i'm stuck playing whatever i plan, I haven't picked up any night terrors or desperate merc yet, NT's are some of my next planned purchases. Would it be better to take a canine remains instead of the desp merc?

Canine remains work as well, but you don't get the healing flip that the desperate merc gives. If you don't have NT, not a big deal for Kirai... go with your original plan of Drowned + Seishim instead of the 2 night terrors and evolve the seishim into a significant model.

Canine remains work as well, but you don't get the healing flip that the desperate merc gives. If you don't have NT, not a big deal for Kirai... go with your original plan of Drowned + Seishim instead of the 2 night terrors and evolve the seishim into a significant model.

I've been using the first turn to drop a shikome right where I need it. Worked well for me so far. Then depending on how many living models are out there. I like to drop ikiryo 2nd turn and and the rest of the game I can usually get two activations out of her every turn with the second one being slowed

So I ended up taking:

Kirai Ankoku -- 5 Pool

Lost Love [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Seishin [2ss]

Datsue-Ba [7ss]

The Drowned [4ss]

And other than I botched the first game, I did okay.

First Game: Kirai vs. Lady J-Shared Treasure Hunt

I botched this game first turn due to a few things, first, I was playing a new player who had only played twice so we spent a lot of time getting the game ready and discussing a few things. Second, I totally forgot to pull all of Kirai's Seishin into base right before she activated, that really hurt. After that turn, I was pretty rattled and just didn't get enough time to complete the objectives.

End Score-2/4 Lady Justice

Game 2: Kirai vs. Rasputina- Shared Deliver the Message

This game went much better for me. I tossed a Shikome out first turn 4 inches away from raspy and delivered the message giving me 4 points. After that, it went downhill and just let me say, raspy hits like a truck. One of the players in my usual group plays raspy, but has never been as effective as this kid.

End Game- 6/2 Kirai

Game 3- Kirai vs. Von Schill- Shared Contain Power

First off, I knew that this game would come down to schemes, I took Bodyguard and Holdout, just to make sure that if I won, I won hands down which is interesting because of the way it turned out. This time, I held back and made his crew come to me, due to their high damage output and taelor being in his crew. Turn 3 I almost had Vons Schill as he was down to 1 wound multiple times. Unfortunately, he just has enough stones to deny me.

End Game-Tie 6-6