GenCon ramblings

Bohemian

I played in the PW draft tournaments. They had the new plastic figures. Very nice with lots of detail. A bit larger as well. The new boxed set should be well received. Now I have to decide if I want to finish painting my metal miniatures.

The tournaments went okay. Tie breakers are a big deal. I think I did okay on point, but lost prizes on tiebreakers.

It is hard to get much variety due to the limited players (only six each night). Drafts went okay. I only saw two instance of counter drafting to prevent an opponent from getting a puppet. The cards weren't balanced so sometimes a player one fewer sidekick than another player. Didn't help me one game when I couldn't activate the Judge (or the slurid) to save me.

I heard from Bill that no one showed for up the 16 player tournament on Sunday. I wanted to be present for the drawing so decided not to play. I guess I could have had an easy win if I had showed up. So maybe next year anyone playing on Sunday can take a break for the raffle or put in their name for the raffle so they won't miss their name being drawn.

Thanks to Bill and Tim for running the events.

One attendee had an exceptional looking Collodi costume. Seemed to be a lot more Guild in the Malifaux tournaments than I expected. Evil Baby Orphanage (EBO) was fun to play. It can be a real quick game as well. I plan to try it out on Friday with my gaming group.

I enjoyed my time at GenCon and expect to be there next year as well.