Gencon & Guild

mpangelu

Actually, this is a perfect example of what I was talking about. It's an over-reaction to otherwise polite expressions of disappointment.

overreaction... right... its barely a reaction. IMO, the overreaction is more closely tied to the creation of yet another thread focused on most of the same things said in 12 other threads.

You are free to do what you want on that front, but don't pretend like my FIRST comment on anything to do with model availability is anything to do with "overreaction". I am not here to argue with you. I was putting it out there what my view of Gencon is in a thread about Gencon and model availability.

It is simply a FACT that I do not tie expectations or "happiness" to a company's release schedule and therefore do not lose sleep over it. Maybe its because I am old.

But I would appreciate it if you did not assume that my perspective is some sort of default attack on you just because we view things differently.

Edited by Gruesome

No, what I take negatively is your inferance that those who have expressed displeasure or disappointment are children. If you don't want to be taken that way, perhaps you should try to word your statements in a less passive aggressive and condescending fashion.

And yes, I do see blanket statements such as these as an overreaction. It paints a wide variety of responses with the same brush as one would (otherwise justifiably) use to colour the rather impressive tirade that occurred in the Announcements forum. Surely your years have taught you the importance of context and nuance? You've got a decade on me and I found the strength to recognize a variety of viewpoints in the post that precedes yours.

It is simply a FACT that I do not tie expectations or "happiness" to a company's release schedule and therefore do not lose sleep over it. Maybe its because I am old.

You just killed the hell out of that strawman, unless you're specifically referring to a particular person or occurrence. Which you might want to note (were that the case), since no one is losing their... hair in this one.

But I would appreciate it if you did not assume that my perspective is some sort of default attack on you just because we view things differently.

It seems I'm being painted with the same brush as others who have expressed displeasure, so I'll respond as though that were the case.

Yes, there've been a number of threads on the topic, spread out all over the place. I suspect this is at least in part because there are literally dozens of forums and subforums, and not everybody will read all of them, so topics will begin to repeat themselves, especially hot topics like those we have on our hands now.

Edited by Forar

I have a different opinion than you of the importance of guild and rezzer models being at gencon. I stated that and why I felt that way and how my very different view of the importance made it difficult to get in a lather about it.

I "participated" in the thread. We disagree. You pretend like I am singling YOU out, when all I am singling out is the MINDSET about the importance that you may very well have.

You want to take it personally and argue with me? Thats ok, I guess. Not something I am interested in continuing though.

I do not think that you can sit there much longer and pretend like someone else is the one that is overreacting though...

The key point is that you didn't just express an opinion, but disdain for apparently everyone who disagreed. Snip the line about people who are disappointed being children (or at least childish) and I'd probably have had nothing to complain about.

Surely at some point in your life you've heard that it's not just about what you say, but how you say it?

People are free to be disappointed and express themselves as such. As many have noted, it's a good sign for Wyrd that their customer base is engaged enough to feel disappointed that said customers can't give them money. Being annoyed, frustrated or irritated that some people are misbehaving I could totally get behind, but you provided no such context, simply threw an insult impersonally, so it should be no surprise that those in the thread might conclude you were including them.

And you continue to make blanket comments about people's happiness. Bluntly, you do not get to tell anyone else how they feel, and should know better than to do so.

it seems like you are replying to someone else...

I never called anyone childish... I called myself OLD. I'd probably have had the same sort of feelings as many others even when I was in my 30s and early 40s...

I said that people could say and do what they wanted, explicitly. Not in the way that you claim I called people childish, but with words in my actual post.

I am not gonna argue with you about my meaning or intent, take what you want from it. You are just argumentative and annoying to me now. Bye. :)

it seems like you are replying to someone else...

I never called anyone childish... I called myself OLD. I'd probably have had the same sort of feelings as many others even when I was in my 30s and early 40s...

I said that people could say and do what they wanted, explicitly. Not in the way that you claim I called people childish, but with words in my actual post.

I am old enough to not let expectations get confused with reality and have long since disavowed myself of the notion that the world is "fair".

It's like you're trying to walk back what you said to make it seem like you were just being self deprecating...

And if that was the case, you had ample opportunities to make that clearer, instead of doubling down on disregarding people's opinions and feelings.

I am not gonna argue with you about my meaning or intent, take what you want from it. You are just argumentative and annoying to me now. Bye. :)

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you, but here we are.

I do appreciate you giving me the last word on the matter. *tips hat* I bid you good day, sir.