Colette's stage and other models

Nightshard

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't think that was all I was going to post did you? I hope not. We were playing the Pathfinder rpg game and I did what I usually do in this occasions. Paint or assemble miniatures. First I added some blobs of flesh coloured paints to look like a face.

post-10983-13911924736572_thumb.jpg

No really,that is a face. Promise. Alright I paint some outlines. See it now?

post-10983-13911924736822_thumb.jpg

Who the hell can that be? Maybe some shading will help.

post-10983-1391192473709_thumb.jpg

A little bit later. Couldn't make a transition photo because a copy me jumped out of a mirror and tried to kill me. I am a bit more multitasking then most but painting, playing and eating gaming candy at the same time is my limit. I cannot take photographs because all my hands are busy and my feet are terrible painters. I have my limits.

post-10983-13911924737345_thumb.jpg

Oh damn, that was shiny. but that is the only image I have of that stage. I finished it and clear coated it three times for safety reasons. Meaning if someone scratch it blood will flow.

post-10983-13911924737639_thumb.jpg

Now there are only details and models left. Which currently is nothing more then a sketch and I didn't feel like finishing this stage yet. So I painted the Mannequins, I just didn't have time to put them on their bases. I will show them next time.

Edited by Nightshard

Everything gets better with buttocks. Thanks for the comment but that will probably not help me in any way if that actually happened.

Hey, I have almost painted everyone from my Colette crew and need some more models to do. The stage will be worked on because I think the idea is to cool not to make. But...

I thinking about another crew, but I am not sure which. 30-35p and not Gremlins because I've just painted 200+ goblins and orks and do not want to do any more of those tiny models. Suggestions?

And not Seamus even if Molly is tempting. Seamus tries to kill my girls far to often.

Edited by Nightshard

Try the Molly box crew with Rotten Belle's, Dead Doxie's, Madam Cybelle and Yin aka Penny (well you need the 10 thunders book and a proxie for Penny).

I only suggest this crew set up because you've already shown you like a challenge by taking Colette, so I figure another challenge like a Molly crew can't be too hard.

pixelante

Two things, and I am sorry. The picture on the stage is not good, not good at all. More things then the eyes needs to be fixed. But I thank you for the comment. But its good enough for a test and the half an hour / hour or so I put on it. I really suck with non-digital colour painting.

post-10983-13911924742297_thumb.jpg

I much rather sketch.

post-10983-13911924742544_thumb.jpg

Oh well, and the real varnish then. Yes, it will e much better. That is why I plan to use it. Have you used the stuff before? It stains everything and takes hours to dry. Some of them smells horrid on top of that and it takes days for it to stop. I just want this small thing finished with what I got and play.

Sorry if I seem grumpy, I feel like I've failed with the Mannequins. I will fix up the paints later because I am on a deadline to be done by monday so we can do a mini-turnament. As the Coryphee Angelica models for some reason haven't arrived yet I will have to proxy things. Something I really didn't want to.... Maybe this makes me grumpy as well.

Were was I? Oh right, Mannequins.

I pinned them, worked the shadows and you know the rest.

post-10983-13911924742777_thumb.jpg

post-10983-13911924743061_thumb.jpg

post-10983-13911924743339_thumb.jpg

post-10983-1391192474391_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nightshard

Well a light coloured varnish wouldn't change the colour too much, I think what you've done is neglected to seal the paddlepop sticks before you painted them, which is why the paint looks patchy. You can either seal them properly and paint them again or try the varnish, though you should try a test piece first so see if thats the effect you want. As for drying a day in the summer sun is a good way to get it dry.

Oh that. I want it patchy. Like its been re-finished several times through the decades. In a perfect world it would be a bit more de-satyrated and not as bright. The only thing in real life that does not have colour variations throughout itself are modern paints, fabrics, etc and thats when its new. Thats why I've mixed in a little bit of colour other then blue in the white of their clothes. The flash from the camera however overpowers it, its much more noticeable when you look at them in real life.

As for the stage. I hope details such as curtain and stage prop sift the eyes perception of the colour of the stage. That is the next thing to do on this test. If the answer becomes no. Then its time for sandpaper to remove a bit of the paint and desaturate it a bit. I am currently drilling and adding nails for some of the boards. Its boring as hell.

Edited by Nightshard

Alright, Colette times. My master model. I wish I could paint the Coryphee or Angelica but they haven't arrived yet. Oh well. I was going to drill her foot but the drill slipped and too out most of her heel. Great start but it was just to take the knife and clean it as good it could before drilling again and fixing the heel with green stuff. I took the opportunity and added a feather to the hat. Some white base later and I was ready to start painting.

post-10983-13911924749519_thumb.jpg

I started to paint the skin like I always do. But this time I wanted to try something different. Usually I paint the skin in no more then three different skin tones and using most of them in thin watered layers. This time I used six and mixed them on the table. Something I haven't done before. I made the skin look more patchy then I am used to but I continued while shaking my head.

post-10983-13911924749947_thumb.jpg

I made the lips and and hair while swearing about the eyes. Eyes and me are often a hit or miss affair but Ill try my best. Are there any tis out there on how to paint the eyes? Its to late for these models unless I go back and fix them, but maybe I can do it on the rest.

post-10983-13911924750399_thumb.jpg

Some shading and the steeps after this one I forgot to take pictures. I was having to much fun talking to my buddy who was painting the copycat killer. I however pondered on how to hide the corpse of said copycat if it suddenly disappeared and therefore no longer threaten my girls.

post-10983-13911924750767_thumb.jpg

*Intermission sponsored by the fumes of clear coat, the side effect of protecting your paint job.

I am continuing testing things on the scene. The first try of the curtains failed miserably. So I am currently pondering on that conundrum. I decided to make the entire curtain piece removable for the test and will do that on the full version as well. But I don't quite know how I will plan that.

post-10983-1391192477534_thumb.jpg

And a model I've been tinkering with for a while now.

post-10983-13911924775565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nightshard

Alright, gaming night again, Delta Green this time and that mean another painted model. Yay!

Primed and drill have been made beforehand so all I needed to do was to start with the blue shadows. Damn I like when I remember to prepare models. I usually forget to do so except when it comes to smoothing them out before spraying.

post-10983-13911924848352_thumb.jpg

Looking good, I choose a steampunk mad female scientist to be my... let say female Ramos.

post-10983-13911924848682_thumb.jpg

Fine, I just liked the model and as my prop maker on for the Colette crew and their show. Its not my fault wyrd hasn't filled that position yet.

post-10983-13911924849021_thumb.jpg

She made a steampunk prop that is a moon with clouds? I am almost sure of that fact.

post-10983-13911924849357_thumb.jpg

And finally. I said that I would get a better picture of Colette.... and probably failed gain.

post-10983-13911924849699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nightshard