Extra Wounds from Blight Tokens

seraphsong

Question

Hey, everyone! I'm relatively new to the game in that I haven't played much in the last year. I have a question regarding the additional damage from Blight counters, in particular in regards to fighting vs. models with Spirit.

Is the additional damage counted in the damage total, or after the fact? Say my Rat does a single damage with a weak flip to a spirit, plus one for a blight counter.

Does the Spirit take 1 damage? (1 damage + 1 from having blight counters, then halved)

or

Does the Spirit take 2 damage? (1 damage, halved to 1, +1 damage from having a Blight counter)

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

When the spirit is attacked, the Dg is halved when converting to Wd. Since Blight tokens come into effect when a model suffers Wd, they are added after the Dg is halved.

So if a Spirit who already has a Blight token is attacked by a Rat, and severe damage is flipped, the attack will deal 2 Wd (2 Dg, halved to 1 Wd, +1 Wd from the Blight).